ATO (tax office) payments by credit card | Page 371 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

ATO (tax office) payments by credit card

ChrisFlyer

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Where did you hear this Chrisflyer?
A good friend of mine who has the card apparently received written notice from G&C (didn't ask whether it was a statement note or a separate letter) - said no more points on ATO from June 18 2017. They told me this week so imagine the card's T&Cs allow for one month's notice. :)

bigray73

Flights
My Map
A good friend of mine who has the card apparently received written notice from G&C (didn't ask whether it was a statement note or a separate letter) - said no more points on ATO from June 18 2017. They told me this week so imagine the card's T&Cs allow for one month's notice. :)

Thanks Chrisflyer.

Do you know if there is a Bpay code to pay the G&C card so I can pay my credit card bill from another bank?

cove

Enthusiast
Someone thought that they couldn't read this whole thread. Clearly needs a class in speed reading is what I was thinking.
I guess the folks who traded in the Platinum Kris Flyer Amex for a sign on bonus elsewhere might regret that move.

mandja

Intern
Someone thought that they couldn't read this whole thread. Clearly needs a class in speed reading is what I was thinking.
I guess the folks who traded in the Platinum Kris Flyer Amex for a sign on bonus elsewhere might regret that move.
Hehe - that was going to be me at one stage. Thankfully I didn't trade.
PLUS
Just this arvo opened Friday's mail to see my sparkling new Platinum Kris Flyer Amex cards have arrived and valid to Jun 2021 :D

Flights
My Map
Yes Bank AU is good for now. Last few months have been consistently paying, but suggest caution because the Ts and Cs state no business purchases. Largest one processed by me is about $25K.
Rgds

aspro2

As far as I can tell, the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum is still earning points on ATO payments.
Update to my comment a few weeks back: This card is still earning points on ATO payments (May statement has arrived).

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map

cove

Enthusiast
Don't ever think any of my posts are financial advice. I pay what I am required to pay to the ATO and while I would rather see lower personal tax rates you have to live with what the Government of the day wants from you.
We decided to go from being the great acquirers of assets to being prepared to sell and pay some capital gains tax.
Life isn't a dress rehearsal.

JohnK

Veteran Member
So you are comfortable with your accountant claiming expenses relating to your salary against entirely unrelated investments?

Good luck if audited.
Too late now. Should I go and inform the ATO to review my tax returns?

P.S. The investments are related. That's why I'm paying extra tax. And the bill for extra tax comes to my ABN account. I don't think the ATO will bother trying to recover ~40% of ~$150/year. Not worth the time spent.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RailMitra