Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Tran

Hi all,

Long time lurker but never posted...been out of the FF game for a long time. I'd like to work out whether to changeover to QFF or maintain Altitude Rewards.

I'm currently holding onto an Altitude Black Mastercard as part of my home loan package.

Stocked up over 200k+ Altitude rewards points but rarely take international flights and if I do, it's usually on the cheapest flight! I fly between SYD-->MEL about 8 times a year, but never earn enough status credits for anything substantial in terms of status credits.

Because of the poor Altitude --> Velocity conversion (going 3:1 soon I beleive), I'm thinking of jumping onto the QFF program. The two lounge passes work well as I regularly fly Jetstar anyway. I only fly Virgin under company paid trips (the 5-6 trips mentioned above)

What would you do in my position?

Welcome to AFF!

The biggest benefit of Altitude points is the fact you can transfer them to multiple airlines. KrisFlyer miles are quite valuable for international travel, for example, but if most of your travel is domestic then Velocity points are also good. You can still convert from Altitude to Velocity at the 2:1 rate by using the auto-transfer, and then convert to KrisFlyer (or not) at a better rate than you would otherwise get transferring directly from Altitude.

What would you use the Qantas points for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back