Around the World War Two | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Around the World War Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyring

Established Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
2,790
Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
I've commenced a report on my recent April RTW trip via WW2 sites on FlyerTalk. It may be found here.

Be advised that it is quite long, and I've only covered the first week!
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,713
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I've just finished reading up to Omaha Beach. Excellent effort so far Skyring - looks like you have a number of avid readers...
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,256
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Great read Skyring.

Have you left any books in aircraft seat pockets before?

By the way, technically you purchased a OneWorld Explorer fare, not a OneWorld Global Explorer fare. The Global Explorer (e.g. DGLOB34) is a mileage-based fare, while the OneWorld Explorer (e.g. DONE4) is based on the number of continents.
 

Skyring

Established Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
2,790
Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
NM said:
Great read Skyring.

Have you left any books in aircraft seat pockets before?

By the way, technically you purchased a OneWorld Explorer fare, not a OneWorld Global Explorer fare. The Global Explorer (e.g. DGLOB34) is a mileage-based fare, while the OneWorld Explorer (e.g. DONE4) is based on the number of continents.
Thanks.

I figure that books left in seat pockets get retrieved and dealt with between flights by the cleaning staff, and they would have procedures that don't involve the cleaners keeping the books. Probably go into lost and found and auctioned off after a while.

Flying into Heathrow last April, the folk in the seat next to me left a book in the seat pocket just before leaving. I asked if I could have it, they said yes, and I slapped a pre-numbered label on it and released it in the immigration hall on one of those little writing tables.

Forgot about the Global Explorer thing. Must have rolled around to the back of my brain and the name jiggled loose.

Will fix.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,256
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Skyring said:
Flying into Heathrow last April, the folk in the seat next to me left a book in the seat pocket just before leaving. I asked if I could have it, they said yes, and I slapped a pre-numbered label on it and released it in the immigration hall on one of those little writing tables.
Never miss an opportunity :D .
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Skyring said:
I figure that books left in seat pockets get retrieved and dealt with between flights by the cleaning staff, and they would have procedures that don't involve the cleaners keeping the books. Probably go into lost and found and auctioned off after a while.
Good point - I should probably stop leaving books there. I leave books all over the place, or give them away. Albeit no tracking involved whatsoever.
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Altair

Active Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
850
Ever since reading your report I have been looking for "released" books everywhere I go....no luck I must be blind;)
Thanks for your trip report and including us in your passionate hobby.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,273
Messages
2,077,412
Members
53,667
Latest member
Fakewinelover
Top