In my experience I have been able to put an award on hold with QF for 24 hours twice. I realise that this is not common and certainly not their policy. Maybe it depends on the operator if you ask nicely?you definitely can't put an award reservation on hold with QF (whereas you can, without any penalty, with AA).
Others have commented re the hold and I have no experience of it.Is this the earliest you can possibly book them? Are they loaded at 11am each day?
Can you place a reservation on hold?
Update:QF lists the newly released flights at midnight UTC time which in terms of our time will depend on daylight saving, but ATM it's supposed to be 10.00am EDST. My experience is that they actually appear on QF's website between 10.15 and 10.20am each morning.
FWIW as WP I've tried this a week ago for a QF award booking LHR-SYD and wanted LHR-SYD-BNE. No go as the agent couldn't see the SYD-BNE flight....told me to call back in two days.Update:
For the past week newly released flights have appeared online at QF at about 10.15am but just to prove me wrong they came online at 10.02am this morning.
A couple of people in the past have suggested that flights might be bookable via the call centre up to 24 hrs earlier than their official release but whenever I've called them they have not been able to see anything - but I'm not WP, so I don't know if what can be "seen" for them is better than for the plebs.
So you would have been able to book LHR - SYD earlier than official release time would you Amaroo?FWIW as WP I've tried this a week ago for a QF award booking LHR-SYD and wanted LHR-SYD-BNE. No go as the agent couldn't see the SYD-BNE flight....told me to call back in two days.
No. The LHR-SYD was booked on day of release.....I'd been tracking the releases for a couple of weeks so I knew when they popped up and more importantly - what day of the week they released the precious "P". The SYD-BNE hand't opened as it was two days ahead due to flight time/time zone. The agent thought she could book it and went to a supervisor.....but the answer was no, come back in two days for the SYD-BNE or leave the whole booking for two days and hope someone doesn't grab the P x 2 LHR-SYD. Guess which option I tookSo you would have been able to book LHR - SYD earlier than official release time would you Amaroo?