ANZ FF Card set for "chip" update?

Discussion in 'ANZ Credit Card Rewards' started by bammac, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Can't find anything on ANZ, but the link below clearly has a picture of the ANZ FF card with the chip imbedded into it.

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/program/earningPoints/QFANZFFvisa?lk=prdci

My guess is that they will role this out with fanfare regarding improved customer security and then whilst everyone is looking the other way, swipe what’s left on the carcass formally known as benefits.

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Haven't the other ANZ cards had this for a while? Perhaps they are just rolling it to the rest of them.

3. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I got my replacement ANZ FF card with chip in the mail yesterday

4. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Makes sense, but chips in cards are pretty much useless at the moment due to there being no push towards "Chip and Pin" or similar authentication mechanisms that prove you have both the card and ownership of the card.

Maybe there is stuff happening in the background that will be annouced sometime in the future! I notice pretty much all Eftpos machines are now being installed with chip readers.