Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Anyone else having issues with Frequent Flyer website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
On Saturday I updated my profile and when saving, received an error message indicating the website was unavailable.

Ever since then, I have had the following error when logging onto the Qantas FF website:

"
Sorry

The site is experiencing difficulties at present. We apologise for the delay and will endeavour to restore operations as soon as possible. Please try again in a short while. In the meantime you can contact us on 13 13 13 within Australia or your nearest Qantas office for all other enquiries.

Thank you for your patience.
"

Surely an outage like that doesn't occur for 3 days. So I am wondering, is my account stuffed, or is there really an outage?

(Have tried resetting pin number. Emails never arrived, so went through a manual method. New Pin works, but still get same error above. I'll also add that I've tried from another browser and still get the same issue).
 
Last edited:

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
I have logged into my account several times over the last few days without any issues.

Maybe your account has been corrupted!
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,668
Solutions
1
Points
1,425
Mal said:
On Saturday I updated my profile and when saving, received an error message indicating the website was unavailable.

Ever since then, I have had the following error when logging onto the Qantas FF website:

"
Sorry

The site is experiencing difficulties at present. We apologise for the delay and will endeavour to restore operations as soon as possible. Please try again in a short while. In the meantime you can contact us on 13 13 13 within Australia or your nearest Qantas office for all other enquiries.

Thank you for your patience.
"

Surely an outage like that doesn't occur for 3 days. So I am wondering, is my account stuffed, or is there really an outage?

(Have tried resetting pin number. Emails never arrived, so went through a manual method. New Pin works, but still get same error above).

I have not had any issues in the last few days, checking my activity, searching awards and so on.
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
Thanks guys.

I've logged feedback to Qantas (waves to Qantas lurkers :D ) so hopefully they can resolve the issue or point out my stupidity :)
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
QFF website probably doesn't like that you changed your password to QFsucks :D
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,241
Solutions
4
Points
3,275
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Mal said:
Thanks guys.

I've logged feedback to Qantas (waves to Qantas lurkers :D ) so hopefully they can resolve the issue or point out my stupidity :)
I have been able to log on with no problem.

I guess you have checked your cookies, perhaps making sure they are baked properly?
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
Yeah Qantas cookies deleted.

Used IE and Firefox to test, as well as checking from work.

Something is baked, and it definately isn't at my end :D

(Maybe Qantas doesn't like the fact I still havn't made any GeoffStar bookings or that I've been distributing my flying to other airlines!)
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
After liasing with Qantas IT we have come up with the fact that I have managed to find a bug on the Qantas website which when activated will cause your profile to go into melt down mode.

Not willing to discuss how to replicate my experience, but Qantas has identified it as a bug and will resolve sometime in the near future.

Great testing Qantas. If anyone experiences the same problem, the Qantas should now know how to resolve :)
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Mal said:
Not willing to discuss how to replicate my experience....
How much money did they offer you not to discuss it with anyone?
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
JohnK said:
How much money did they offer you not to discuss it with anyone?

Lol. Nothing. 10000 points or a bottle of wine would have been nice though :)

Just not wanting someone else going through the same pain I did with their account. By telling people what the issue is, others will just try and replicate it to see if their account is also affected. So better for people to not know.

Oh and don't go looking for it, otherwise you may be without your account for a day or two.
 
Last edited:

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,668
Solutions
1
Points
1,425
Mal said:
After liasing with Qantas IT we have come up with the fact that I have managed to find a bug on the Qantas website which when activated will cause your profile to go into melt down mode.

Not willing to discuss how to replicate my experience, but Qantas has identified it as a bug and will resolve sometime in the near future.

Great testing Qantas. If anyone experiences the same problem, the Qantas should now know how to resolve :)

So are you going to test the fix for them? :)
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Mal said:
Oh and don't go looking for it, otherwise you may be without your account for a day or two.
Being a programmer I am naturally inquisitive and try to get programs to crash when I am bored.

But as this is my FF account, and I need it most times, I will take your advice and leave it alone.
 
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
JohnK said:
Being a programmer I am naturally inquisitive and try to get programs to crash when I am bored.

Note to self - watch out for JohnK playing with the flight computer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,593
Messages
2,099,528
Members
53,906
Latest member
kinkyquokka
Top