Anyone else get Virgin high /flyer 5*points for February?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willsmere

Intern
Anyone else get the email from Virgin High Flyer, spruiking a points booster for february? 5* points, activate, spend at least $1500, some exclusions. Of course I didnt get sent the email till the 10th of Feb. But fortuitously I had some serious expenses this month, Virgin Money is going to hate me, but a very decent bonus.

I had a 3x bonus up to 10,000 points early Nov to early Dec - and I am owed the whole 10k.
Meant to be paid within 10 weeks of the promotion finishing - it's after 10 weeks already. Going to have to contact them. So keep your eye on it if they owe you anything.

I had a 3x bonus up to 10,000 points early Nov to early Dec - and I am owed the whole 10k.
Meant to be paid within 10 weeks of the promotion finishing - it's after 10 weeks already. Going to have to contact them. So keep your eye on it if they owe you anything.
Thanks for the heads up, mine deal wasnt capped but it says "up to" 10 weeks, i better put a reminder in my calender!

Last year I got a deal to use my card for 5 eligible transactions and get 5000 bonus points. Had to call after 11 weeks as they had not come through. No.waiting.for another month untill they roll over into velocity.
Just received another email today, 3x points on all eligible transactions for the month of March, no cap mentioned. Guessing after the 8k spending is reached net earn will drop from 3 to 1.5 ppd.
Still it's time to get bring forward some purchases!

I received an email on Friday for the 5X Velocity Points for March. Min. spend $3500.

Reactions: Oxy
It’s probably my main non amex card. Usually odds and sods.

Does anyone know if the bonus points extend to spends over $8000 (the normal limit where points drops to 1:0.5)? We’ve got a car purchase coming up and I could put up to my $15k limit towards the purchase (the credit card commission probably worth paying in this instance).

Gday

For those that got the special bonus points offers can you advise:
- how long you have had the card?
- what is your spend pattern? ie have you stopped using the card recently and they are trying to tempt you back.

Thanks.
Pele.

I've had my card for close to 15 months. It looks like I put through 1-3K per month. My spend is fairly constant so definitely haven't stopped using the card recently.

For those that got the special bonus points offers can you advise:
- how long you have had the card?
- what is your spend pattern? ie have you stopped using the card recently and they are trying to tempt you back.

I've had the card for well over 12 months. Have been putting exactly $8,000 on it every month for the past 7-8 month.

I did not get the bonus last time. This time I've got 3x.

Must be targeted. strangely, I got it again for March!! 5* points, minimum spend $1500, no talk of caps at all. I have had the card for a few years now and barely use it unless amex isnt taken.

I’m not going to complain but I’ve now received this 5 times points bonus for April as well! 3 months straight!

I've got the 3x for the second month in a row.

To those that have been through this before, I am presuming that the bonus net earn drops after 8k spend, in line with the standard earn? So for me first 8k would net 24k points (3ppd) then drops to 1.5 ppd?

Juat received the 5* offer for April. No cap mentioned. Must spend at least $2.5k to be eligible. April will be my 4th month holding the card. I have spent approx $2k a month so far.

I received the 3x offer for the second month in a row. I used to put in $8k every month for quite some time, and I spent about $50-60k during March. Rinse and repeat in April :)

I received the 3x offer for the second month in a row. I used to put in $8k every month for quite some time, and I spent about $50-60k during March. Rinse and repeat in April :)
First time getting 3x for me in March, put $40k through, no luck for April yet... here's hoping...

For those that have received the offer before, were the bonus points paid same month like the sign on bonus? The terms say 10 weeks, though hopefully it won't take that long.

How many points did you end up getting that month? Was the bonus paid on the full rate or reduced rate for spend beyond $8k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back