Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Any first class seats left on the 2 class 747s?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Bob, Jan 31, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Bob

Bob Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Brisbane (sometimes)
    Hi,
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

I am going to fly BNE to LAX on 25 or 26 Feb. Does anyone know if Qantas have any aircraft flying that route that are two class but still have the first class seats fitted.

Thanks

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    vary rare now and only done if the planned aircraft goes faulty and is swapped out. Now that the 2-class Skybed upgrade is complete there is no need to use 3-class aircraft to fill the gap left when there was a 2-class out of action for an extended period.

3. Bob

Bob Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Brisbane (sometimes)
    Thanks NM, I shall eliminate that old strategy from my bag of tricks.

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yeah, its a shame. I used it quite a few times in the years past, but more to avoid the old Dreamtime seats and be assured of Skybeds. Now that 2-class 744s are assured to have Skybeds, there is less incentive than before. Though a F seats was always the preference :lol: . It took a while to convince a res agent that I really did want a lower deck seat and not the upper deck seat the system was offering. After telling me there were no unallocated seats on the lower deak, she eventually came back and offered 4A which I happily accepted knowing that it was a planned 3-class aircraft sold as 2-class. A very nice way to fly QF175 BNE-LAX.