daft009

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Just received the following email...

Hi Daft,​
Want to know something that will make your everyday spend more rewarding? Every Tuesday, you’ll now get a whopping 10 Amplify Points per $1* you spend on groceries and fuel with participating merchants∑. That’s instead of the 1.5 Amplify Points per $1 you usually earn.

Get in quick, as this offer’s only available from 13 October 2020 to 15 December 2020.​

Maybe as I do not spend on those two categories on this card at all?

Last edited:
Yeah, I received this. Their big brothers at Westpac offered the same thing on their Altitude cards starting a couple of weeks earlier and finishing in November.

I will switch over to the Amplify, because the net rate of airline miles is better. It would be nice to get Asia Miles too on Amplify (get on it Dragon people!), but 5.0 KrisFlyer beats 3.3 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer.

Just received the following email...

Hi Daft,​
Want to know something that will make your everyday spend more rewarding? Every Tuesday, you’ll now get a whopping 10 Amplify Points per $1* you spend on groceries and fuel with participating merchants∑. That’s instead of the 1.5 Amplify Points per $1 you usually earn.

Get in quick, as this offer’s only available from 13 October 2020 to 15 December 2020.​

Maybe as I do not spend on those two categories on this card at all?

I got the Westpac version, although if you read it all, the spend has to be made through a mobile wallet.

Yes mobile wallet is mentioned in the fine print.

Going to try buying e-gift cards from Woolies... Might trigger the bonus. It did in the case of Amex platinum edge for 3ppd

At least with Westpac, the bonus is paid in arrears up to eight weeks after the promotion ends. I've seen none of it yet, even for purchases posted a month ago. So I would be reluctant to spend a significant amount on Wish ecards without confidence of success.

Yeah, I received this. Their big brothers at Westpac offered the same thing on their Altitude cards starting a couple of weeks earlier and finishing in November.

I will switch over to the Amplify, because the net rate of airline miles is better. It would be nice to get Asia Miles too on Amplify (get on it Dragon people!), but 5.0 KrisFlyer beats 3.3 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer.
Is the offer on altitude targeted or open to all ?

I didn’t receive the email in my Amplify but did on my Westpac Black. Assuming it might have something to do with my using Amplify regularly but hardly ever for my Westpac card.

Have those who’ve received it on Amplify been using it regularly or has it been ‘dormant’?

I didn’t receive the email in my Amplify but did on my Westpac Black. Assuming it might have something to do with my using Amplify regularly but hardly ever for my Westpac card.

Have those who’ve received it on Amplify been using it regularly or has it been ‘dormant’?
It’s my primary card which I use weekly at least and I received the email.

As a datapoint:

Altitude Black, through mortgage package, used only sparingly for Westpac or Qantas MasterCard-specific offers: I received the 10x Tuesday email.

Amplify Signature, used routinely (average $4k/mo) for all merchants that don't take Amex: I received the 10x Tuesday email.

I don't recall getting an email, but the promo showed in my app, once.
Called St George and Amplify rewards, both of whom weren't across with the deal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not yet. Given that the twelve weeks have been elapsed for a week or two now, and Westpac paid out on the analogous promo right on the specified timeline, I was thinking I'd reach out to them soon.

Not yet. Given that the twelve weeks have been elapsed for a week or two now, and Westpac paid out on the analogous promo right on the specified timeline, I was thinking I'd reach out to them soon.
yes same, but as always I check in here first ;)

Call centre agent was aware so maybe others have raised it? They have raised a case on my account. If I get a response I will advise.

Given their big brothers at Westpac had a near-identical promo a couple of weeks earlier, and it paid out without intervention, this is annoying.

I got an email last night asking me to prove that I had been specifically selected for this promo, which is pretty damn rude. I provided their original email inviting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back