Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Amex Travel Credit - covid implication

auflier

Intern
My travel credit is expiring in jan or feb , and I have two lots and I'm running out of ideas on how to redeem or redeem/cancel as we're not travelling anywhere for a while, due to covid.....

Seems like buying a flight that you knowing is going to get cancelled is a strattegt
i can help you😏

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

sydneyboi

My travel credit is expiring in jan or feb , and I have two lots and I'm running out of ideas on how to redeem or redeem/cancel as we're not travelling anywhere for a while, due to covid.....

Seems like buying a flight that you knowing is going to get cancelled is a strattegt

I think they will be extended again they have to be, I have 2 expiring in Feb as well....

kuwahshi

I'm in the same situation of needing to use my Amex Travel Credit before cancelling my card. Trying to decide if I should book a flight for the far future. Alternatively I wonder which flights are guaranteed to be cancelled at the end of this month :).

Mqrko

Intern
so if I book a flight from sydney to perth this weekend, the flight will be cancelled and I will get a refund ?

SeaWolf

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
so if I book a flight from sydney to perth this weekend, the flight will be cancelled and I will get a refund ?
The flight is unlikely to get cancelled. The carriers are running a bare minimum service at the moment and it's getting underwritten by the government through the Domestic Aviation Network Support (DANS) program, so the flight will almost certainly operate.

As an alternative (and I've no idea if this would work) you could try booking a flexible hotel booking, waiting a few days and then cancelling it and see what happens.

Mqrko

Intern
For a normal refund I read you would have to deal with the travel agent at Amex.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie1153