Amex Transfer Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limewood

Established Member
Lookin at Amex travel as they have some decent pricing on international flights I like, how are the QFF points transferred?, I don't remember registering QFF when I applied for my card recently, or will they just transfer automatically, or is it noted during the Amex online booking.

Lookin at Amex travel as they have some decent pricing on international flights I like, how are the QFF points transferred?, I don't remember registering QFF when I applied for my card recently, or will they just transfer automatically, or is it noted during the Amex online booking.

I'm guessing here you are looking at booking a flight with the Amex site. So in that case you'd use your Amex MR points in place of $$$ which is 10,000 points = $100.

You can't transfer QF points into Amex. You can only gain points by purchasing on the card

If I remember correctly you are talking about the Amex Plat Charge Card. That being the case the points just sit in your MR account until you transfer them to where ever including QF.

If I remember correctly you are talking about the Amex Plat Charge Card. That being the case the points just sit in your MR account until you transfer them to where ever including QF.

Excellent, I can just transfer them to my QFF account.

When making the Amex flight booking is there a section there to insert my QFF number?.

When making the Amex flight booking is there a section there to insert my QFF number?.

During the booking process, you can add the ff number to the booking.

You only need to transfer them to QF if you are going make a QF award booking. There is no need to do this if you are booking off the Amex site.

And when you book on the Amex site you have the option when entering the pax details to enter the FF number

I'm going to add them to QF as the good woman and I have nearly enough points there for both of us to go J return to the US later next year.

Hi, I'm trying to compare using MR points for flight or transfer and book through Award flights in QFF. Can anyone confirm:
  1. Do you receive QFF points when booking a flight using your MR points through Amex travel?
  2. Are there other factors I've not considered? (e.g. do you get Amex travel insurance when booking with MR points?)
E.g.
It costs 96k FF points and $300 in taxes to redeem return flight to LA (noting limited capacity due to using points)
If you earn QFF points when booking through Amex, you would earn 30k FF points (incl plat bonus) if use MR points to buy flight.

Thus, it would be better to book through Amex travel if you find a QF flight for less than $1260 if no QFF points are earned, or less than $1560 if QFF are earned.

[I note that award flights are limited so there is potentially more flexibility using MR points].

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I'm trying to compare using MR points for flight or transfer and book through Award flights in QFF. Can anyone confirm:
  1. Do you receive QFF points when booking a flight using your MR points through Amex travel?
  2. Are there other factors I've not considered? (e.g. do you get Amex travel insurance when booking with MR points?)

1. yes you will receive QFF points and SC's on a booking done on the Amex website with MR points - i have done this several times.

2. Look on the QF site for Y Any Seat Awards (ASA). These can be had for almost the same price as a classic award when you pay with some cash to make up the taxes.

For the travel insurance - If you have a Platinum Charge Card you are covered regardless. With the other cards that offer insurance if you buy the ticket on the card - I am not sure. You would need to call Amex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back