Amex RM Domayne 5 bonus points for every $1 - Targeted? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Amex RM Domayne 5 bonus points for every $1 - Targeted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparoy

I've had my Amex Rewards Maximiser for only 6 months and received a letter the other day offering 5 bonus points for every $1 spent at Domayne stores until 7 Nov. It seems to be targeted.
Has anyone else received this offer?
Is this something Amex normally does from time to time?

I just did my first purchase in Domayne to test this and it's showing the 5 bonus points on top of 1.5 points I normally get for every $1.

Say you spend $1000 then you get 6500 point’s total. Pretty good deal I reckon :D

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I received something from Amex about bonus points at Domayne. Not sure if it was 5 or something lower.

It's targetted, but could have a pretty big target range.

one9

Yes I also got the offer.

It shows just how overpriced Domayane is.

NM

Flights
My Map
What is Domayane and what do they sell that would entice me to spend money with them in exchange for bonus Amex points?

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
NM said:
What is Domayane and what do they sell that would entice me to spend money with them in exchange for bonus Amex points?
They have a horrible radio advert which I keep hearing - that's enough to keep me away :)

DOMAYNE

Something similar to Harvey Norman really. Not sure what niche they may fit into.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Mal said:
They have a horrible radio advert which I keep hearing - that's enough to keep me away :)

DOMAYNE

Something similar to Harvey Norman really. Not sure what niche they may fit into.
Domayne is one of Harvey Norman's retail brands. Harvey Norman generally targets middle income (and below) consumers, while Domayne targets the upper income consumer market.

auriga

Yesterday's SMH front page ad, a 500GB Seagate external hard drive for $193, at Domayne. Quite good, I think.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
oz_mark said:
Domayne is one of Harvey Norman's retail brands.
Is Domayne associated with the old Joyce Mayne stores?

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Weren't Joyce Mayne stores indepenent before being taken over by Harvey Norman in 1998? There are only a few Joyce Mayne stores around today and the ads are no longer on TV. I can recollect Domayne coming to life once Joyce Mayne stores started disappearing.

Nutcase

JohnK said:
Weren't Joyce Mayne stores indepenent before being taken over by Harvey Norman in 1998? There are only a few Joyce Mayne stores around today and the ads are no longer on TV. I can recollect Domayne coming to life once Joyce Mayne stores started disappearing.
Why does it matter?

If you needed a TV, they will price match and take Amex! So your LCD could net you in excess of 10,000 points. Seems like a good deal to me.

A little negotiation goes a long way fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Busher