Amex RM Domayne 5 bonus points for every $1 - Targeted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparoy

I've had my Amex Rewards Maximiser for only 6 months and received a letter the other day offering 5 bonus points for every $1 spent at Domayne stores until 7 Nov. It seems to be targeted.
Has anyone else received this offer?
Is this something Amex normally does from time to time?

I just did my first purchase in Domayne to test this and it's showing the 5 bonus points on top of 1.5 points I normally get for every $1.

Say you spend $1000 then you get 6500 point’s total. Pretty good deal I reckon :D

I received something from Amex about bonus points at Domayne. Not sure if it was 5 or something lower.

It's targetted, but could have a pretty big target range.

Yes I also got the offer.

It shows just how overpriced Domayane is.

What is Domayane and what do they sell that would entice me to spend money with them in exchange for bonus Amex points?

NM said:
What is Domayane and what do they sell that would entice me to spend money with them in exchange for bonus Amex points?

They have a horrible radio advert which I keep hearing - that's enough to keep me away :)

DOMAYNE

Something similar to Harvey Norman really. Not sure what niche they may fit into.

Mal said:
They have a horrible radio advert which I keep hearing - that's enough to keep me away :)

DOMAYNE

Something similar to Harvey Norman really. Not sure what niche they may fit into.

Domayne is one of Harvey Norman's retail brands. Harvey Norman generally targets middle income (and below) consumers, while Domayne targets the upper income consumer market.

Yesterday's SMH front page ad, a 500GB Seagate external hard drive for $193, at Domayne. Quite good, I think.

oz_mark said:
Domayne is one of Harvey Norman's retail brands.
Is Domayne associated with the old Joyce Mayne stores?

Weren't Joyce Mayne stores indepenent before being taken over by Harvey Norman in 1998? There are only a few Joyce Mayne stores around today and the ads are no longer on TV. I can recollect Domayne coming to life once Joyce Mayne stores started disappearing.

JohnK said:
Weren't Joyce Mayne stores indepenent before being taken over by Harvey Norman in 1998? There are only a few Joyce Mayne stores around today and the ads are no longer on TV. I can recollect Domayne coming to life once Joyce Mayne stores started disappearing.

Why does it matter?

If you needed a TV, they will price match and take Amex! So your LCD could net you in excess of 10,000 points. Seems like a good deal to me.

A little negotiation goes a long way fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back