AMEX Qantas Business reducing earn rate after 500k points

xageer

just received this email about my QBR card, quite disappointing actually, particularly for a business card.

1696462461504.png

Looks like the changes are coming for the entire Qantas Amex product family. Family have received the same email for the Qantas American Express Ultimate with the threshold at 100k points. I have the Ultimate but have not received the email yet. I am sure I will soon.

Disappointing. Are there any other Amex charge cards facing a similar devaluation?

Is it just me, or is Amex starting to lose its benefits piece by piece? They increased card fees, canned FX transfers, they've cut member benefits and now this card has gone from an alright one for points to maybe not quite worth it for those of us who plough through business expenses in excess of that.

bye bye QAmex đź‘‹ Is there a similar change for the platinum or can we use that to bypass the limit converting MR points?

bye bye QAmex đź‘‹ Is there a similar change for the platinum or can we use that to bypass the limit converting MR points?
Maybe it's a way to funnel people into the Plat because of the headache that Qantas has become the last few years?

There's no mention of the points reduction cap on the website yet, so anyone who applies today and gets one will probably be sorely disappointed.

Maybe it's a way to funnel people into the Plat because of the headache that Qantas has become the last few years?
Yeah sounds like a possibility, spoke to my Amex rep this morning and he confirmed he has not heard of any such changes for the plat. (Of which - the conversion to Qantas FF is only a *slightly* worse earn rate than the QAmex last time I checked). But then again I'm not confident he would really know of a planned change like that. So looks like I'll be reviewing the situation in January 24, might try my hand at an American Amex.

Yeah sounds like a possibility, spoke to my Amex rep this morning and he confirmed he has not heard of any such changes for the plat. (Of which - the conversion to Qantas FF is only a *slightly* worse earn rate than the QAmex last time I checked). But then again I'm not confident he would really know of a planned change like that. So looks like I'll be reviewing the situation in January 24, might try my hand at an American Amex.
Wish I could get me a US Amex, but I wouldn't even know where to start nor what advantage it would have for me vs a local Plat.

Still, we're in an age of declining value for almost everything.

Wish I could get me a US Amex, but I wouldn't even know where to start nor what advantage it would have for me vs a local Plat.
For me - I have a higher international spend, so that is 3% saved right off the bat, and no FX so I could still do all my AUD spend on it. The earn rate (Last time I looked, please don't quote me) of their rewards program once converted to QFF is 1.33 QFF/AUD on one of the C1 cards. And most importantly - uncapped, better access to other frequent flyer programs.

But yep it also may be basically impossible to obtain for me so... we'll see. I would like to stick it to AU Amex though for making this coughpy change.

Back