Status
Not open for further replies.

knagelli

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
I have read different posts and threads about the AMEX Platinum Charge card but what I am trying to understand is if it will provide us access to VA lounges in LA/SFO without the plat/gold status. It will be 2 adults and 1 child.

Also do I need to activate/apply for Priority Pass before gaining lounge entry at any of the international airports.

Appreciate your suggestions/tips.

I have read different posts and threads about the AMEX Platinum Charge card but what I am trying to understand is if it will provide us access to VA lounges in LA/SFO without the plat/gold status. It will be 2 adults and 1 child.
No, you won't have access. It's only VA owned and operated lounges and the one in LAX is the Emirates lounge. However you can use the Delta lounge if you're on a Delta flight.

Also do I need to activate/apply for Priority Pass before gaining lounge entry at any of the international airports.
Yes, you do need to activate it. Give the Platinum Concierge a call and they can sort it out in a few minutes. It will take a few weeks for your physical card to arrive though. If you're travelling soon the Concierge can talk to Priority Pass and get your account activated and you can then use the digital card in the Priority Pass app until you get your physical one.

No, you won't have access. It's only VA owned and operated lounges and the one in LAX is the Emirates lounge. However you can use the Delta lounge if you're on a Delta flight.

Yes, you do need to activate it. Give the Platinum Concierge a call and they can sort it out in a few minutes. It will take a few weeks for your physical card to arrive though. If you're travelling soon the Concierge can talk to Priority Pass and get your account activated and you can then use the digital card in the Priority Pass app until you get your physical one.

Thanks @SeaWolf

I am still contemplating if I have to apply for AMEX Platinum Charge Card as I have only two overseas trips planned in the next one year and just getting my head around all the calculations/benefits to see if that really adds any value to pay the annual fee of $!450.

Have couple of domestic trips planned in the month of November and one overseas trip to the US in Dec 2019. Hence got couple of more weeks to decide if I have to go for it.

Onc
Thanks @SeaWolf

I am still contemplating if I have to apply for AMEX Platinum Charge Card as I have only two overseas trips planned in the next one year and just getting my head around all the calculations/benefits to see if that really adds any value to pay the annual fee of $!450.

Have couple of domestic trips planned in the month of November and one overseas trip to the US in Dec 2019. Hence got couple of more weeks to decide if I have to go for it.

Once you factor in all the travel credits + the free accor night. The annual fee is quite manageable.

Travel for work? No reason why some of the fee wouldn’t be tax deductible on account of the lounge access you are offered.

Onc

Once you factor in all the travel credits + the free accor night. The annual fee is quite manageable.

Travel for work? No reason why some of the fee wouldn’t be tax deductible on account of the lounge access you are offered.

I don't travel a lot for work , hence not sure if I can really claim any tax deductible component. However looking at all the benefits , looks like a good deal. Hopefully will end up applying for this card soon.

I don't travel a lot for work , hence not sure if I can really claim any tax deductible component. However looking at all the benefits , looks like a good deal. Hopefully will end up applying for this card soon.

Yeah fair enough. I really rate the card.

Without trying to come across as too much of a vulture; I’m happy to provide you a referral for the card if you do decide to take it up 😂.

Appreciate your suggestions/tips.
I you get the supplementary card for your partner they will also get the Priority Pass Membership

Without trying to come across as too much of a vulture; I’m happy to provide you a referral for the card if you do decide to take it up 😂.

Appreciate your offer. However I already have the referral code from my brother. However I am still contemplating if I have to apply for the card or not. Too slow to take decision as I am worried it will hit my credit score as recently got a mortgage approved and disbursed.

I you get the supplementary card for your partner they will also get the Priority Pass Membership

@Matt_01 Thanks . I was not aware that supplementary card will also get priority pass membership. Does it mean the supplementary card will also get unlimited access to VA domestic , Amex international lounges/Delta Sky Club lounges.

@Matt_01 Thanks . I was not aware that supplementary card will also get priority pass membership. Does it mean the supplementary card will also get unlimited access to VA domestic , Amex international lounges/Delta Sky Club lounges.
It's my understanding that the Priority Pass is for *one nominated supplementary* as well as the cardmember, but the stuff tied directly to the Amex card (Amex/Centurion Lounges, Virgin Australia Lounge, Delta Sky Club) is for all supplementaries.

Can I use my platinum card to do check-in in VA domestic lounge in SYD T2? or I can only use it to access the VA lounge after I checked in at the public area?

Can I use my platinum card to do check-in in VA domestic lounge in SYD T2? or I can only use it to access the VA lounge after I checked in at the public area?

In my understanding , if you have lounge access you will be able to check-in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back