AMEX Life Insurance - 20k pt Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName

Established Member
I received this promo in the mail a few weeks ago and have just confirmed that it is still available.

20,000 pt bonus for new life policies. Pts credited up to 8 weeks after the first premium is paid although they told me generally it will credit within a week. First month premium is waived. They reserve the right to reverse the bonus pts if you cancel within 6 months.

Ive gone and taken out the minimum cover possible ($50k). Came to $5.64 per month for a healthy 36 year old male. Will cancel after 6 months.

Good deal. Any URL?

Good luck reversing the points if you transfer out of your account and then close it.

Last edited:
Possibly targeted, got the same promo in an email. Applied for the minimum cover (50k) and will hold for 6 months and cancel. Not bad $35~ for 20k points.

The url in the email does look like it has a unique ID.

AmexInsurance.GIF

Thanks for posting.
How did you apply?

When you log in to your AMEX account there is an insurance tab up the top. Choose the life insurance option. It directs to Zurich website with AMEX branding.

Can use on any card you like as far as I can tell so take your pick of QFF, Velocity or MR whatever you prefer.

Possibly targeted, got the same promo in an email. Applied for the minimum cover (50k) and will hold for 6 months and cancel. Not bad $35~ for 20k points.

The url in the email does look like it has a unique ID.

View attachment 99655

Ive spoken to them over the phone and was no indication of it being targeted or needing to apply through a specific link. I just used the Insurance tab at the top of my account.

So the letter I received directed me to a website for Ezicover Mylife policies while Jonova's screenshot above mentions Ezicover life as well (two slightly different products). I will call them again tomorrow to confirm whether both products are eligible. The Mylife product appears to be more expensive ($22/mth) as the minimum cover is $200k.

If it turns out that the policy I took out today is not eligible I will cancel and take out one that is. The more expensive policy would come to $110 which is ok but not amazing I guess. I'm going to be a few KF points short of a redemption in a couple of months though and this will be a cheaper way of making up the difference.

Ive gone and taken out the minimum cover possible ($50k). Came to $5.64 per month for a healthy 36 year old male. Will cancel after 6 months.

Very interesting, I got the same offer and have been meaning to call up and get a quote, I was wondering what the minimum commitment was and $33 is brilliant!!

So the letter I received directed me to a website for Ezicover Mylife policies while Jonova's screenshot above mentions Ezicover life as well (two slightly different products). I will call them again tomorrow to confirm whether both products are eligible. The Mylife product appears to be more expensive ($22/mth) as the minimum cover is $200k.

If it turns out that the policy I took out today is not eligible I will cancel and take out one that is. The more expensive policy would come to $110 which is ok but not amazing I guess. I'm going to be a few KF points short of a redemption in a couple of months though and this will be a cheaper way of making up the difference.

You have to choose standard Life rather than MyLife to get cover down to $50k - mine was $7 a month

For those that received the e-mail, does the offer appear when you go through the appropriate Zurich link in your AMEX account? I didn't get the email and can't see any mention of the offer in the insurance section of the AMEX website.

Also: can someone please post the full terms from the email?

Thanks!

Last edited:

So I have just called them again to confirm exactly which product is eligible for the bonus and the answer is both - Ezicover Mylife & Ezicover Life.

The Life product will be much cheaper as you can get coverage down to $50k but if anyone is interested in the Mylife product you can apply at amexmylife.com.au

For those that received the e-mail, does the offer appear when you go through the appropriate Zurich link in your AMEX account? I didn't get the email and can't see any mention of the offer in the insurance section of the AMEX website.

Thanks!

I didn't get an email, just received a flyer in the mail. Nothing has appeared in my account either. If anyone is wanting confirmation of the offer you can call 1800 025 015 and ask to be put though to the AMEX team as you want to discuss an AMEX promotion. They will be able to read and probably send the T&C to you.

Thanks!

No mention of the offer when you click through the link to the Zurich site. The link goes to https://www.americanexpress.com/au/...d=Nvm-fs&om_mid=_BZO0EjB9cX_tgr&om_lid=amex12

T&C's:
AmexInsuranceTC1.jpg

Last edited:
So I have just called them again to confirm exactly which product is eligible for the bonus and the answer is both - Ezicover Mylife & Ezicover Life.

The Life product will be much cheaper as you can get coverage down to $50k but if anyone is interested in the Mylife product you can apply at amexmylife.com.au

That's interesting, I was just told that it was only the MyLife product that was eligible for the 20k bonus. My quote was $20,51 per month so a total of $123 for the six months which is still not bad for the 20k points so I went ahead.

When you log in to your AMEX account there is an insurance tab up the top. Choose the life insurance option. It directs to Zurich website with AMEX branding.

Can use on any card you like as far as I can tell so take your pick of QFF, Velocity or MR whatever you prefer.

Thanks NoName.

Called to confirm the promo and then applied for $5.64 p/month through my Plat Charge. Now let's see how long it will take for the points to post...

That's interesting, I was just told that it was only the MyLife product that was eligible for the 20k bonus. My quote was $20,51 per month so a total of $123 for the six months which is still not bad for the 20k points so I went ahead.

Yes quite strange they are giving different info. I was very clear in my question confirming that they were two different products and asking which one or both was eligible. She was clear that it was both. Also just received a follow up call about my application and the guy on the line mentioned the bonus points completely unprompted. Hopefully the points just credit and there is no need to follow up but certainly willing to if necessary.

Received these T&C regarding the bonus in the email sent with PDS etc after confirming my policy. The cheaper product is specifically mentioned.

IMG_5945.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back