Amex, Business Charge Card benefits and conditions (travel ins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I have decided to start a thread on the Business Charge card, due mainly to the difficulty in getting a straight answer from the relevant people (call centre) around the specifics of the travel insurance offering attached to the Amex Platinum Business Charge Card.
I have had some off line discussions with another AFF'r and I think I may have muddied the eaters for him too (my apologies) .
Does anyone have knowledge of the travel insurance eligibility i.e. can supplementary card holders use the travel insurance etc?
I have asked the good folk in the call centre, and they refuse to answer the direct question, instead referring me to the document discussing spouse and dependent children.

well, I have been saved by an AFF'r, I now have the proper T's and C's .A big thanks Nooks

This is what the site says :

For most of the Platinum Travel Insurances[SUP]18[/SUP] you don’t even need to use your Card for the purchase to be covered; you’re entitled to them, just for holding the Card. Plus, your dependent children (up to and including the age of 24), your spouse and any Supplementary Card Members are also covered by these travel insurances.

Is car hire close to home covered (now not available on the personal Charge)

Subscribing to this thread
Just checked with my accountant who ok'ed the tax deductibility of the fees if I only buy work related stuff (plan to only charge our professional registration to the card due to other cards earning better)

Are the benefits for this card at least as good compared to the personal plat charge in regards to hotel status, virgin lounge use etc? I had a quick look and they seem the same.
cheers

most of the basics are same but a few gotcha's to be aware of (though may not affect you if you're not using it) such as :

2 pts for restaurants (instead of the 3 for plat charge)
no travel credit for biz card (which is a swizz as its $1,500 - $300 more than Plat charge)

I'll be spending my $5k then stop using it....

ahh ok thanks
no $300 credit, might be a deal breaker...personal plat charge looks better for me
cheers

ahh ok thanks
no $300 credit, might be a deal breaker...personal plat charge looks better for me
cheers

I don't think you get a free companion card with the biz one either - whereas with personal you used to be able to get the Reserve for free which also has a travel credit - though I cant see any mention of that any more

Personal still grants free Reserve with travel credit on request. For some reason I've had difficulty with receiving the paper forms but filled out this week and awaiting approval

Anyone know if you need to hold a business to apply for this card? It only just says personal gross income of $75k to apply. No mention of gross business income whatsoever.

You need an ABN. I have a new ABN, and personal income above the limit and I got approved.

I finally have some info on the travel insurance. It is a step up from the personal card cover. However there is still some way to go before I'm totally comfortable with the T's & C's.
I especially love the way the Amex call center refer to it as "complimentary" insurance . Nobody does anything for free. They really need to stop insulting our intelligence here.

Do the reserve points post to the same rewards program as the charge card? Is it a business or personal card? It's hard to get information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back