AMEX : 250 bonus points per $20 spent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchy123

Just got an email from AMEX, for every $20 (or greater) transaction (on anything as far as I can tell), get 250 bonus points in addition to normal points earned. This is up to 25,000 points, and acrues until 31 Dec 2010.

Pretty decent offer....:)

Just got an email from AMEX, for every $20 (or greater) transaction (on anything as far as I can tell), get 250 bonus points in addition to normal points earned. This is up to 25,000 points, and acrues until 31 Dec 2010.

Pretty decent offer....:)

Want!!

Have your Amex spending patterns changed recently? Any idea why you were targetted?

Im not sure who they targeted or why. This is for my gold charge card.

No material changes to spending habits lately, not a huge spender like some other AFF users, but run as much as I can up on the card.

The terns basically equate to 25k free points so long as I play it right. Has anyone else gotten this offer?

Im not sure who they targeted or why. This is for my gold charge card.

No material changes to spending habits lately, not a huge spender like some other AFF users, but run as much as I can up on the card.

The terns basically equate to 25k free points so long as I play it right. Has anyone else gotten this offer?

For those wondering about the conditions (note the exclusion of Platinum cards in last section) this is what my email said

Enrolment in Membership Rewards is required (an annual fee may apply). Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions. Eligible Cardmembers must register online to earn 250 additional Membership Rewards Bonus Points when transactions are made in Australia to the value of AUD$20 or more on each purchase during the promotion period. A maximum of 25,000 Bonus Points can be earned during the promotion. Eligible purchases must be charged to the specific American Express Credit or Charge Card issued by American Express Australia Limited ("American Express"), that was nominated in the invitation to participate in the promotion.

1. In order to register in the promotion, a Cardmember‘s account must be in good standing.
Cardmembers must also have: a. received a personally addressed direct mail or email invitation to register a specific Card in the promotion as nominated by American Express. Only the Card that was nominated in the invitation to participate can be registered. Only one registration per Cardmember is permitted. Multiple enrolments will not be accepted. b. be enrolled in Online Services and c. have registered online americanexpress.com.au/hopscotch during the promotional period. 2. Promotion commences on 7 October 2010 at 00.01 (AEDT) and closes 31 December 2010 at 23.59 (AEST) (“Promotional Period”). 3. Membership Rewards Bonus Points will only be awarded when eligible purchases to the value of AUD$20 or more are made after the date of registration and during the promotional period. A maximum of 25,000 Bonus Points can be earned. Please allow 8-10 weeks for Bonus Points to be credited to your account during the promotion period. 4. Only purchases made in Australia on the Card registered in the promotion and as per the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program are deemed eligible purchases. Purchases made on another Card or a Supplementary Card with a different Card account number are not eligible to receive Membership Rewards Bonus Points. 5. A transaction will be ineligible if a purchase is returned and a credit is refunded and also as defined in Clause 5 of the Membership Rewards program Terms and Conditions. 6. Membership Rewards Bonus Points will only be earned on eligible purchases made from the date the Cardmember is registered in the promotion. Bonus Points will not be awarded for purchases made prior to the Cardmember‘s registration in the promotion. 7. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with the ‘Fast Rewards‘ or the ‘Appreciation‘ Bonus Points offers 8. All American Express Corporate Cards, Qantas American Express Cards, David Jones American Express Cards, Small Business Card products, Platinum American Express Cards and Centurion American Express Cards are ineligible to participate in this promotion.

Interesting that platinum and centurion cards are excluded. One can hope (in vain perhaps) that there is a separate promotion for them!

7. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with the ‘Fast Rewards‘ or the ‘Appreciation‘ Bonus Points offers

Anyone know what the Fast Rewards or Appreciation Bonus Points offer is???

I was able to register my cards and was momentarily thrilled about earning a cool 25,000 points until I logged in here and realised both my platinum cards are ineligible - bummer!!!

I was able to register my cards and was momentarily thrilled about earning a cool 25,000 points until I logged in here and realised both my platinum cards are ineligible - bummer!!!

I think Amex have tightened up on this and even if the on-line rego seems to work, if you are not eligible then it will not actually award.
ie the Fast Trolley promo.

Seemed to work. But I rang up to check if my rego was vailid and was advised that it was not. Note the Fast Trolly promo is only for association issued cards.

Was registered for this Promo on Friday morning Oct8 and looking at my account today I see that my only transaction yestrady already has the 250 bonus points posted.

(T&C state that points may post in 8-10 weeks, but I guess Amex is just allowing them to hold back if they wish to).

Was registered for this Promo on Friday morning Oct8 and looking at my account today I see that my only transaction yestrady already has the 250 bonus points posted.

(T&C state that points may post in 8-10 weeks, but I guess Amex is just allowing them to hold back if they wish to).

I would have thought, given your history, Amex would have blackballed you from any further promotions :eek:

Anyone know what the Fast Rewards or Appreciation Bonus Points offer is???

How do you register without the invite?

How does that saying go? Oh yes "some people keep falling in the sewer and come out smelling roses while others simply smell like sh....".

How do you register without the invite?
That would have to be the current $64 question.

I would have thought, given your history, Amex would have blackballed you from any further promotions :eek:

Yes that did seem to be the case as I had not received a good promo since. Just the standard ones.

So I rang them up and had a chat recently along the lines that I was a good customer....looks like it worked ;)

Read post#4. The registration instructions, and T&C's, are contained in the post.
It would help if the link provided in that post was actually a valid link.

I also tried the link mentioned on Ozbargains but that got me nowhere as well.

Oh well, not meant to be....

All you need to do is check the underlying URL to see it was not as indicated.

Copy, then paste the displayed text and off you go. (My sole non corp/plat card failed)

OH ... I see oz_mark has done it for ye ...

The code mentioned in the link comes up as being expired when trying to register for the promo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back