altitude increases reward points reqd retrospectively

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristo

Intern
I have been advised that Westpac have increased the number of points required for voucher redemption from 12500 per $100 to 15000 per $100
retrospectively from 1st Oct .

Was this the stunt that got NAB in trouble for a few months ago?

Naughty people devaluing points

Just found this out today (wish I knew about frequent flyer gazette before). I think their euphemism is points dilution!!!

Anyway I've logged a complaint with Westpac as the Altitude people wouldn't even talk about it with me.

Having just had $560 devalued to $500 I'm quite annoyed.

I guess they only do it because they know they can get away with it. Personally I haven't forgotten the Ansett Rewards debacle, so unless I get my bucks back next week, I shall be stopping at one of the myriad non Altitude booths at the airport and changing all my accounts.

I change my Altitude points into Qantas ff points as soon as possible, as I deeply distrust the banks after the Ansett affair.
There is an old Chinese proverb which is worth remembering:

"Do it now"

donjsimons said:
I change my Altitude points into Qantas ff points as soon as possible, as I deeply distrust the banks after the Ansett affair.

But wasn't the main problem with the Ansett affair the fact that it was the airline that disappeared?

I thought I was the only one sensitve over how Westpac handled the Ansett points demise.

This year has seen quite an erosion in the value of purchasing on the Westpac Altitude Visa for accumulating points. First to 1:0.5 Qantas points and now the dilution of the redemption points.

Since last Monday I've moved as much purchasing as possible over to Amex.

Unforunately all banks rely on the latency in the market while they slowly degrade the value of their program, eventually relaunching a new one to attract us back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back