alternative to Qantas | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

alternative to Qantas

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdog

Having just returned from Europe flying Qantas{first class} , just looked at the prices for next year ,and they are getting very close to $15000 a seat. Does anybody know of a suitable alternative that they could recommend, or are there any strategies for getting the Qantas fare lowered..........thanks...ps qantas has a very good product in F.

serfty

Flights
My Map
topdog said:
Having just returned from Europe flying Qantas{first class} , just looked at the prices for next year ,and they are getting very close to $15000 a seat. Does anybody know of a suitable alternative that they could recommend, or are there any strategies for getting the Qantas fare lowered..........thanks...ps qantas has a very good product in F.
Yes, you can go around the world in First for the same or less on a oneWORLD Explorer first class ticket (AONE4 ex Oz ~$13,540 + T/L/C).

More here on this Thread: The oneworld explorer ticket FAQs.

NM

Flights
My Map
There are lot of options, depending on the airline you want to use. Often the Asian airlines have cheaper fares than QF, to try TG and MH as some examples.

EK have a very good First Class fare, F2RTAU1 for A$8868++ so that may also be a good option. EK's First Class is supposed to be very good.

Kiwi Flyer

NM said:
There are lot of options, depending on the airline you want to use. Often the Asian airlines have cheaper fares than QF, to try TG and MH as some examples.

EK have a very good First Class fare, F2RTAU1 for A$8868++ so that may also be a good option. EK's First Class is supposed to be very good.
EK's first class on A345 is very very good (well FAs can be hit and miss). EK's first class on 777s (via SIN or BKK) not so good.

Unfortunately, a lot of the EK special fares (and some are amazing) are limited to the 777 flights.

I think PER may be served by different (read regional) a/c which I am unfamiliar with, so the above may not apply ex-PER.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
I think PER may be served by different (read regional) a/c which I am unfamiliar with, so the above may not apply ex-PER.
Usually A340-300's into Perth. Flights ex-PER are all non stop to DXB.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
How much do you spend with Qantas per year? Maybe approaching them for a business discount per your spend might be appropriate.

You might also want to look into using a discounter like www.bestflights.com.au (They sometimes have some good F/J deals with Qantas/BA)

Yada Yada

Established Member
Have a look in the "Cheap International Airfares" section of this forum. There is a thread there about some specials on BA right now - up to 50% off on First class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaphjam