ALL QF's 330's to get lay flat Business seating - Including Domestic | Page 175 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flat Business seating - Including Domestic

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Confirmation on airliners that EBG is finally in for refurb after QPI came out after minor maintenance.

330-300 International330-200 Domestic330-200 International330-200 Old Intl
VH-QPA, VH-QPB
VH-QPC, VH-QPD
VH-QPE, VH-QPF
VH-QPG, VH-QPH
VH-QPI, VH-QPJ
VH-EBA, VH-EBB
VH-EBC, VH-EBD
VH-EBE
, VH-EBF*
VH-EBG*, VH-EBJ
VH-EBK, VH-EBL
VH-EBO, VH-EBP
VH-EBQ, VH-EBR
VH-EBS, VH-EBV
VH-EBM, VH-EBN
28 J, 269 Y28 J, 243 Y27 J, 224 Y28 J, 243 Y
J Business Suite with
Cloth covered seat
Panasonic ex3 16" IFE,
Y Panasonic exLite 11" IFE
J Business Suite with
Leather covered seat
Panasonic ex3 16" IFE,Y 8" iPad Mini
Inflight Internet
(5 aircraft)
J Business Suite with
Leather covered seat
Panasonic ex3 16" IFE,Y Panasonic ex2 9" IFE
J Business Suite with
Leather covered seat
To refurb to 330-200 Intl

* EBF - Internet being installed
* EBG - Refurb and internet

And hence endeth the story of the SkyBed I and the Rockwell Collins IFE system :)

sydks

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Confirmation on airliners that EBG is finally in for refurb after QPI came out after minor maintenance.

VH-QPA, VH-QPB
VH-QPC, VH-QPD
VH-QPE, VH-QPF
VH-QPG, VH-QPH
VH-QPI, VH-QPJ
VH-EBA, VH-EBB
VH-EBC, VH-EBD
VH-EBE
, VH-EBF*
VH-EBG*, VH-EBJ
VH-EBK, VH-EBL
VH-EBO, VH-EBP
VH-EBQ, VH-EBR
VH-EBS, VH-EBV
VH-EBM, VH-EBN
J Business Suite with
Cloth covered seat
Panasonic ex3 16" IFE,
J Business Suite with
Leather covered seat
Inflight Internet
(5 aircraft)
J Business Suite with
Leather covered seat
J Business Suite with
Leather covered seat

* EBF - Internet being installed
* EBG - Refurb and internet

And hence endeth the story of the SkyBed I and the Rockwell Collins IFE system :)
Only a small correction, but I flew on VH-EBS on Monday and can confirm it received cloth covers on the J Suite when it converted to International, which is much more comfortable in longer sectors!

dairyfloss

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Only a small correction, but I flew on VH-EBS on Monday and can confirm it received cloth covers on the J Suite when it converted to International, which is much more comfortable in longer sectors!
I do hope they consider this for all the international configurations... in fact, why not all, full stop! That said, I double layered the 'mattress' cover for the seat base and back the last time I was on one overnight, and that helped a little with managing the under-body airflow :)

Cheers,
Matt.

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Interesting. So a cloth cover over the leather. Day flight i assume so no bedding?

stevenaus

Flew On QF37 last night VH-EBC only 1 bathroom and not pleasant as a passenger had food poisoning and this made the single bathroom access not easy to the point that they sent us to the economy toilets. Not a biggie but
Qantas please get the lead out and sort the schedule.

whughes3

Qantas
Platinum
Flew On QF37 last night VH-EBC only 1 bathroom and not pleasant as a passenger had food poisoning and this made the single bathroom access not easy to the point that they sent us to the economy toilets. Not a biggie but
Qantas please get the lead out and sort the schedule.
Yes, in spite of all the 332 refurbs, the domestic-format a/c are still being used extensively on international routes (including ones longer than this). NOT acceptable...

TheInsider

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Yes, in spite of all the 332 refurbs, the domestic-format a/c are still being used extensively on international routes (including ones longer than this). NOT acceptable...
I guess you'd rather a cancelled flight then?

RickyT84

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
VH-EBG has returned to service yesterday as QF 767 from BNE to PER in the (new) 28J/243Y configuration.

Melburnian1

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I guess you'd rather a cancelled flight then?
International cancelled flights are a QF "speciality" (look at the woeful performance of its A388 fleet in the last two weeks). This way overrated airline also "excels" in late running, far more than many of its major and even minor competitors despite hardly any of the latter being based in Oz.

I'd rather an airline that retained a focus on safety while also being punctual and providing good, not snooty, on board service.

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Looks like EBM into BNE for conversion.
So to update the table.

VH-QPA, VH-QPB
VH-QPC, VH-QPD
VH-QPE, VH-QPF
VH-QPG, VH-QPH
VH-QPI, VH-QPJ
VH-EBA, VH-EBB
VH-EBC, VH-EBD
VH-EBE, VH-EBF
VH-EBG
, VH-EBJ
VH-EBK, VH-EBL
VH-EBM*
VH-EBO, VH-EBP
VH-EBQ, VH-EBR
VH-EBS, VH-EBV
VH-EBN
J Business Suite with
Cloth covered seat
Panasonic ex3 16" IFE,
J Business Suite with
Leather covered seat
Inflight Internet
(7 aircraft)
J Business Suite with
Leather~ covered seat
J Business Suite with
Leather covered seat

* EBM - Refurb and internet
~ Possibly converted to cloth, TBC

nlagalle

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
International cancelled flights are a QF "speciality" (look at the woeful performance of its A388 fleet in the last two weeks). This way overrated airline also "excels" in late running, far more than many of its major and even minor competitors despite hardly any of the latter being based in Oz.

I'd rather an airline that retained a focus on safety while also being punctual and providing good, not snooty, on board service.
woeful?? they have one A380 in for D checks while the one is LA was hit by a catering truck which left them two down. I'm wondering how you think they get around it.. and please point us to the official stats that prove your statement that says everyone else has better OTP??? or is more heresay from you.. must be your "speciality"....

blackcat20

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

Safer not to fly a damaged aircraft I'd suggest....

mannej

AFF Supporter
woeful?? they have one A380 in for D checks while the one is LA was hit by a catering truck which left them two down. I'm wondering how you think they get around it.. and please point us to the official stats that prove your statement that says everyone else has better OTP??? or is more heresay from you.. must be your "speciality"....
Wasn’t there a 777 out of service for an extended period that caused OTP issues for VA recently?

AFF on Air Podcast

• Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curryst