Airport/Air Traffic Monitor

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Ikara, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Ikara

Ikara Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I did a search and couldn't find any reference to this, so apologies if it's a double up.

Administrator - if it is a double up, please remove it.

I thought that the contributors to this site might be interested in this and that it might add yet another perspective to the discussions on this site. http://www.java.com/en/everywhere/airportmonitor.jsp I have been watching LAX for 30 minutes and its very busy.

AirportMonitor is a dynamic, interactive display of air traffic and flight information available on many airport Web sites. AirportMonitor tracks flights from approximately 100 miles from the terminal right down to the runway. View information such as flight origin, destination, aircraft type, altitude, and flight ID. AirportMonitor has a ten minute delay and filtered information for security purposes, but replays with full flight information are available for the previous three months.

Enjoy!

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    It is good but is limited to major US/Canadian airports. Most of these type of tools have little or no coverage in Australia although I remember serfty once mentioned a link to MEL airport that displayed something similar.

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Melbourne?? pfft. :)

There is also one for Perth Airport, but for some reason domestic Qantas services are not included.

Perth Airport

5. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Well, that leaves the remaining 7% of flights from PER airport then. :-|

6. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    What? Internationally from PER QF SQ and EK all about the same. Then there's all the other airlines BI, GA, MH, MK, NC, NZ, TG.

Domestically DJ and the regional airlines have a reasonable number of flights.

7. vt01

vt01 Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Sydney