Airport/Air Traffic Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikara

Active Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
504
Points
335
I did a search and couldn't find any reference to this, so apologies if it's a double up.

Administrator - if it is a double up, please remove it.

I thought that the contributors to this site might be interested in this and that it might add yet another perspective to the discussions on this site. http://www.java.com/en/everywhere/airportmonitor.jsp I have been watching LAX for 30 minutes and its very busy.


AirportMonitor is a dynamic, interactive display of air traffic and flight information available on many airport Web sites. AirportMonitor tracks flights from approximately 100 miles from the terminal right down to the runway. View information such as flight origin, destination, aircraft type, altitude, and flight ID. AirportMonitor has a ten minute delay and filtered information for security purposes, but replays with full flight information are available for the previous three months.

Enjoy!
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Ikara said:
AirportMonitor is a dynamic, interactive display of air traffic and flight information available on many airport Web sites. AirportMonitor tracks flights from approximately 100 miles from the terminal right down to the runway.
It is good but is limited to major US/Canadian airports. Most of these type of tools have little or no coverage in Australia although I remember serfty once mentioned a link to MEL airport that displayed something similar.
 
Possibly the best subscription service on the planet, designed specially by whisky lovers for whisky lovers. Join the club to grow your collection and drink great whisky.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
19,475
Solutions
6
Points
1,440
Melbourne?? pfft. :)

There is also one for Perth Airport, but for some reason domestic Qantas services are not included.

Perth Airport
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
oz_mark said:
There is also one for Perth Airport, but for some reason domestic Qantas services are not included.
Well, that leaves the remaining 7% of flights from PER airport then. :-|
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
JohnK said:
Well, that leaves the remaining 7% of flights from PER airport then. :-|

What? Internationally from PER QF SQ and EK all about the same. Then there's all the other airlines BI, GA, MH, MK, NC, NZ, TG.

Domestically DJ and the regional airlines have a reasonable number of flights.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top