AirNZ Premium Economy - increase

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by vozzie, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. vozzie

vozzie Newbie

Nov 15, 2006
    Just read how Air NZ, due to increased popularity, are increasing their Premium Economy seat numbers from 23 to 39 on their trans pacific B747 fleet. Well Done !

QANTAS has been lagging(absent) in this area for years.

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    This was first announced a while back. However I'd rather they increase the business class cabin (admittedly tricky layout issues). When they refitted the premium cabins offered less seats than previous (when it was first and business class) and NZ took a conservative approach due to the need for a single config for each a/c type.

On several routes it can be hard getting paid full fare business class, so IMHO it wouldn't hurt to have a few extra seats even if on some routes there isn't quite enough demand.

I can't remember the last NZ longhaul flight I have taken on 747 or 777 that wasn't full (or just 1 spare seat) in business and premium economy, no matter if economy loads light or full.

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I would say they have lagging forever when it comes to Y+.

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    well, until jetstar * class

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Lets hope that is a test for including Y+ on long-haul mainline services. The A380 will be a good catalyst for its introduction.

6. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    yes it will be a good opportunity for QF to go down this route