Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

AFF's 70,000th post thread.... sadly without a prize!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
There is no prize offered at this stage.

Dates & Times are AEST. To make it interesting, all predictions must be entered by midnight, AEST, 13 May 2007. Deleted posts do not count, only actual posts!

Closest guess to actual post time will win - regardless of whether the guess is earlier or later than the posting time. Winner will have name engraved in Winner's Podium honour roll.

Good luck to all.

The Australian Frequent Flyer Online Community Statistics - Posts: 66,102
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,778
Solutions
4
Points
1,425
Hmm, I'll have to make sure I remember to guess this time.......
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
And I will have to make sure I remember to send reminders this time....
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
stupid question (I haven't had my coffee yet can you tell?) but is that midnight at the start or end of the 13th?
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Stupid question! Does it really matter? You don't participate in these contests anyway.

Midnight at the end of Mothers Day.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,334
Solutions
10
Points
3,285
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
JohnK said:
Stupid question! Does it really matter? You don't participate in these contests anyway. ...
Are you exclusing non Aussies from the comp? :confused:

Actually, the question's not really stupid. It's often pondered with many observations made some more releavant than others.

Here's a little discussion on this: Google Answers: Which day does midnight fall on??

It's to avoid such confusion that many insurance policies commence from 4pm rather than midnight.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,334
Solutions
10
Points
3,285
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
BTW, posts are now up to 66,319!
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
JohnK said:
Midnight at the end of Mothers Day.

So that would be March 18 then? :p

I hate that Aussie (International) Mother's day clashes with my birthday :evil:
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
serfty said:
Are you exclusing non Aussies from the comp? :confused:
All welcome.

serfty said:
Actually, the question's not really stupid. It's often pondered with many observations made some more releavant than others.
Yes it is a valid question.

I think you will find that the majority of people consider midnight to fall at the end of the day mentioned. Don't the majority of QF domestic sales end at midnight, or is it 11:59pm? I have a stove and microwave with a digital clock that displays 24:00 for midnight.
 
Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,778
Solutions
4
Points
1,425
serfty said:
Are you exclusing non Aussies from the comp? :confused:

Actually, the question's not really stupid. It's often pondered with many observations made some more releavant than others.

Here's a little discussion on this: Google Answers: Which day does midnight fall on??

It's to avoid such confusion that many insurance policies commence from 4pm rather than midnight.

Here I was thinking they had just chosen that as the end of the business day.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,334
Solutions
10
Points
3,285
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
JohnK said:
... or is it 11:59pm? I have a stove and microwave with a digital clock that displays 24:00 for midnight.
There's your answer.

  • If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 24:00 at midnight then your day ends when it changes from 24:00 and the new one begins.
  • If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 00:00 at midnight then your day ends just before it changes to 00:00 and the next day begins at 00:00.
  • If you have both types of clock, then your day begins at 16:00 and we can all go home ... :p
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
serfty said:
There's your answer.

  • If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 24:00 at midnight then your day ends when it changes from 24:00 and the new one begins.
  • If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 00:00 at midnight then your day ends just before it changes to 00:00 and the next day begins at 00:00.
  • If you have both types of clock, then your day begins at 16:00 and we can all go home ... :p

Perhaps average it out? The day begins at 1200 :p
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,824
Points
840
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
serfty said:
There's your answer.
  • If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 24:00 at midnight then your day ends when it changes from 24:00 and the new one begins.
  • If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 00:00 at midnight then your day ends just before it changes to 00:00 and the next day begins at 00:00.
  • If you have both types of clock, then your day begins at 16:00 and we can all go home ... :p

I'm glad that's been cleared up for everyone :!: :rolleyes: :confused: :oops:
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
That is just great. There are 14 posts in the thread without a single prediction. :rolleyes:

Less than 11 days left before predictions close midnight (AEST) at the end of Mothers Day 2007 in Australia.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
JohnK said:
That is just great. There are 14 posts in the thread without a single prediction. :rolleyes:

Nothing stopping you from making a prediction, and then there will be one in the thread :idea:
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
Are we all just waiting to see who cracks first and gives the first prediction?
 

Shano

Established Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,244
Points
10
I predict that JohnK will post his prediction at 11:59pm on Mother's Day
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,879
Messages
2,115,161
Members
54,130
Latest member
mariamc
Top