AFF's 70,000th post thread.... sadly without a prize!! | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

AFF's 70,000th post thread.... sadly without a prize!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
There is no prize offered at this stage.

Dates & Times are AEST. To make it interesting, all predictions must be entered by midnight, AEST, 13 May 2007. Deleted posts do not count, only actual posts!

Closest guess to actual post time will win - regardless of whether the guess is earlier or later than the posting time. Winner will have name engraved in Winner's Podium honour roll.

Good luck to all.

The Australian Frequent Flyer Online Community Statistics - Posts: 66,102

JohnK

AFF Supporter
And I will have to make sure I remember to send reminders this time....

Kiwi Flyer

stupid question (I haven't had my coffee yet can you tell?) but is that midnight at the start or end of the 13th?

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Stupid question! Does it really matter? You don't participate in these contests anyway.

Midnight at the end of Mothers Day.

serfty

Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Stupid question! Does it really matter? You don't participate in these contests anyway. ...
Are you exclusing non Aussies from the comp? :confused:

Actually, the question's not really stupid. It's often pondered with many observations made some more releavant than others.

Here's a little discussion on this: Google Answers: Which day does midnight fall on??

It's to avoid such confusion that many insurance policies commence from 4pm rather than midnight.

simongr

Enthusiast
JohnK said:
Midnight at the end of Mothers Day.
So that would be March 18 then? :p

I hate that Aussie (International) Mother's day clashes with my birthday :evil:

JohnK

AFF Supporter
serfty said:
All welcome.

serfty said:
Actually, the question's not really stupid. It's often pondered with many observations made some more releavant than others.
Yes it is a valid question.

I think you will find that the majority of people consider midnight to fall at the end of the day mentioned. Don't the majority of QF domestic sales end at midnight, or is it 11:59pm? I have a stove and microwave with a digital clock that displays 24:00 for midnight.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
serfty said:

Here's a little discussion on this: Google Answers: Which day does midnight fall on??

It's to avoid such confusion that many insurance policies commence from 4pm rather than midnight.
Here I was thinking they had just chosen that as the end of the business day.

serfty

Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
... or is it 11:59pm? I have a stove and microwave with a digital clock that displays 24:00 for midnight.
There's your answer.

• If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 24:00 at midnight then your day ends when it changes from 24:00 and the new one begins.
  • If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 00:00 at midnight then your day ends just before it changes to 00:00 and the next day begins at 00:00.
  • If you have both types of clock, then your day begins at 16:00 and we can all go home ... :p

Kiwi Flyer

serfty said:
There's your answer.

• If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 24:00 at midnight then your day ends when it changes from 24:00 and the new one begins.
  • If you have a digital 24 hour clock that displays 00:00 at midnight then your day ends just before it changes to 00:00 and the next day begins at 00:00.
  • If you have both types of clock, then your day begins at 16:00 and we can all go home ... :p
Perhaps average it out? The day begins at 1200 :p

straitman

Flights
My Map
serfty said:
There's your answer.
I'm glad that's been cleared up for everyone :!: :rolleyes: :confused: :oops:

JohnK

AFF Supporter
That is just great. There are 14 posts in the thread without a single prediction. :rolleyes:

Less than 11 days left before predictions close midnight (AEST) at the end of Mothers Day 2007 in Australia.

Kiwi Flyer

JohnK said:
That is just great. There are 14 posts in the thread without a single prediction. :rolleyes:
Nothing stopping you from making a prediction, and then there will be one in the thread :idea:

simongr

Enthusiast
Are we all just waiting to see who cracks first and gives the first prediction?

Shano

Established Member
Flights
My Map
I predict that JohnK will post his prediction at 11:59pm on Mother's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brett22a