AFF's 30,000 post thread...sadly without a prize!! | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

AFF's 30,000 post thread...sadly without a prize!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,222
Since Lindsay has been very busy with work and I am already covered up to my armpits in sand thought it was time to start this thread as we have just passed 28,000 posts.

Prizes - anyone kind enough to donate a prize.

To make it interesting, all picks must be entered by midnight AEST 10 May.

The winner is the person who is closest (but before) the winning number. Do deleted posts count...probably, because it's easier to calculate when we reach 30K posts.

Plenty of time so grease your abacus, or shine your crystal ball. If any prize giver wins, then they can win any prizes that aren't their own; whilst their prize goes to the next closest picker.
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,222
Kiwi Flyer said:
The thread title is misleading since there is no prize!
Shhh! That was the whole idea. We may get more people posting a prediction if they think there is a prize on offer.
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,222
Hmm. Not a lot of action on this thread. :!: Would offering a cash prize alter the situation? Anyone want to offer any prize?

22nd May 2006, 11:27am EST!

* change guess from April to May as we are already into May and I meant May *
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,559
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Hmm. Not a lot of action on this thread. :!: Would offering a cash prize alter the situation? Anyone want to offer any prize?

22nd April 2006, 11:27am EST!
& That was post 28,931.... (this is post 28942) :p
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,267
Flights
My Map
I think it must be close.

I'll guess 16th May @ 12:00pm AEST.

If no-one else guesses then I win by default don't I? :D

BTW, This is post 28951.
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,222
Mal said:
If no-one else guesses then I win by default don't I? :D
I made a guess yesterday as well but I typed in a date in April which was a mistake. :oops: Edited my guess to May but you should be closer to the 30,000th post anyway.
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,738
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Mal said:
If no-one else guesses then I win by default don't I? :D
I made a guess yesterday as well but I typed in a date in April which was a mistake. :oops: Edited my guess to May but you should be closer to the 30,000th post anyway.
May 11 for me :)
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,267
Flights
My Map
I think guesses need to be closed at 29200-29500 posts, or something like that.

It is quite possible that the 30000 mark will be hit before Mother's Day!
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,222
Mal said:
I think guesses need to be closed at 29200-29500 posts, or something like that.

It is quite possible that the 30000 mark will be hit before Mother's Day!
True. How about all guesses close Wednesday 10th May at midnight. We should be somewhere between 29,200-29,500 posts.

I have changed OP to reflect date change.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,806
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
True. How about all guesses close Wednesday 10th May at midnight. We should be somewhere between 29,200-29,500 posts.
Midnight which timezone :D ?
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,222
NM said:
JohnK said:
True. How about all guesses close Wednesday 10th May at midnight. We should be somewhere between 29,200-29,500 posts.
Midnight which timezone :D ?
AEST as indicated in the OP. :roll:
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,267
Flights
My Map
949 posts to go! (This will be post #29051)

If you're keen on getting an entry in, probably a good idea to put it in soon!
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,222
Only 2 days before predictions close!

Mal said:
If you're keen on getting an entry in, probably a good idea to put it in soon!
We have less visitors in the playground as the weather has become cooler.

Code:
   oz_mark         11/05/06 @ 00:01am (AEST)
   MetroAir        13/05/06 @ 00:01am (AEST)
   Yada Yada       15/05/06 @ 10:00am (AEST)
   Mal             16/05/06 @ 12:00pm (AEST)
   JohnK           22/05/06 @ 11:27am (AEST)
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,738
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
We have less visitors in the playground as the weather has become cooler.
I have been in Darwin for the last few days, I would describe the weather as warmer than I have had for the past few weeks.
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,559
Flights
My Map
Well, I've been in Antarctica ... sorry Mornington Pennisular the last day or so...

Wednesday 24th May; 11:30am
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,806
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
Well, I've been in Antarctica ... sorry Mornington Pennisular the last day or so...
I donned a pair of Jeans on Saturday morning. Then decided it was too hot for such covering so was back in shorts by 9am. Good decision too - except I got sunburnt at Mini NM's soccer game :oops: .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
81,990
Messages
1,895,966
Members
49,829
Latest member
tonyliew
Top