AFF's 20,000th post? Prize up for grabs | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

AFF's 20,000th post? Prize up for grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
In the spirit of guessing threads and AFF's 20,000 post steadily approaching it may be a good idea to start a guessing competition to mark this milestone.

Less than 4 months ago AFF reached 10,000 posts and the next big milestone could happen towards the end of February. It gives everyone plenty of time to think about their guess, so don't go rushing off and guessing wildly.

Kiwi Flyer has kindly donated a pair of SQ first pajamas. Never used in original mint condition. Infoworks has also kindly donated an SQ PPS 2006 diary. Hopefully never used in original mint condition.

The rules are:

• 1. Everyone can only make one guess and cannot be changed
    2. Guesses must be received by the time AFF reaches 19,000 posts
    3. The winning choice must be the one that is closest in date and time to the 20,000th post

As a sideshow who do you think will make the 20,000 post? Will it be Lindsay, NM, Kiwi Flyer, oz_mark, straitman, serfty or maybe someone who hasn't joined AFF yet.

G

March 2, 5:38pm

ill donate an all you can drink coupon for the winner *

*valid at any QP

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Kiwi Flyer said:
What is your guess JohnK?
oz_mark said:
Yeah, JohnK, open the bidding :)
straitman said:
I agree.

The first guess should be reserved for JohnK :wink: :wink: :wink:
Now now gentlemen don't get too carried away.

A wise man once said.......

JohnK said:
Less than 4 months ago AFF reached 10,000 posts and the next big milestone should happen towards end of February, based on a posting rate of ~2,000 posts/month. It gives everyone plenty of time to think about their guess, so don't go rushing off and guessing wildly.
Anyone have a calculator. :p

NM

Flights
My Map
and with my other commitments, my posting rate has dropped significantly, so unless JohnK or Kiwi or even d00t pick up the difference, it gonna be a hard one to predict.

May I suggest that all bids must be complete before we reach 19,000 posts??

JohnK

AFF Supporter
NM said:
and with my other commitments, my posting rate has dropped significantly, so unless JohnK or Kiwi or even d00t pick up the difference, it gonna be a hard one to predict.

19,000 posts is OK but that is about 2 weeks short of the milestone and not easy to predict.

I was thinking 19,500 posts which would be about 1 week short of the milestone.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
NM said:

I think this is a reasonable time to have everyones predictions in. Not too close, and not too far out. And from where we are, means people are going to need to get their guesses in soon.

NM

Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Kiwi Flyer said:
Not putting your money where your mouth is JohnK :eek:
OK.

23th February at 10:37am and the poster will be NM.
For clarification purposes, is that 10:37am Australian Eastern Standard Time, or Australian Eastern Funny Time?

JohnK

AFF Supporter
NM said:
For clarification purposes, is that 10:37am Australian Eastern Standard Time, or Australian Eastern Funny Time?
Australian Eastern Standard Time. :p

Kiwi Flyer

It could be kiwi time? Or maybe JohnK will be in Bangkok again, so Thai time? What if he's taking a red-eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatherlee