AFF on Air Discussion thread | Page 7 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

AFF on Air Discussion thread

AFF Editor

Editor
Flights
My Map

timjohns

Flights
My Map
Hi Matt and All - just me or is Ep 32 not coming through on app subscriptions for others? Not picking up in Apple Podcasts app on iOS or my usual Overcast feed.

Understanding that I can manually listen via the embedded player on the main page.... which I will do now :) but thought I’d mention in case there was a problem with the RSS feed

AFF Editor

Editor
Flights
My Map
Hi Matt and All - just me or is Ep 32 not coming through on app subscriptions for others? Not picking up in Apple Podcasts app on iOS or my usual Overcast feed.

Understanding that I can manually listen via the embedded player on the main page.... which I will do now :) but thought I’d mention in case there was a problem with the RSS feed
We are aware of this issue and are investigating.

ashmidalia

Well it looks like, at least for the next few episodes, we'll be reminiscing about the good old days when we could travel overseas. :p

Good questions. I'll talk about this in the next episode, which goes out on Saturday.
Just listened to the episode - thanks Matt! Interesting interviews as always too. How’s the travel agent doing himself in the current circumstances?

LPS144

Townsend

Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Hi Matt very interesting discussion this week and it definitely gave me a different perspective on the Australians stuck in South America.

As I was listening today to you discussing that the flight into Sydney last week was probably the last Qantas commercial 747 flight, a Qantas 747 flew over head! VH-OEG flying as QF 601 Syd to LAX. I was quite sad because I thought it my have been off to the graveyard. Very coincidental

timbervolt

Flights
My Map
I just listened to the podcast on Velocity points. Very aptly timed for me as I was asking the same question myself and shared the episode with a friend. And interviewing Phil was the best and most relevant guest you could find. Thank you for the episode.
My friend with his sharp ears, picked up an unusual biting sound at 28:44 and wondered if it was an apple or celery. I thought the crispness of the bite indicated an apple. Can you settle our curiosity please Matt?

AFF Editor

Editor
Flights
My Map
I just listened to the podcast on Velocity points. Very aptly timed for me as I was asking the same question myself and shared the episode with a friend. And interviewing Phil was the best and most relevant guest you could find. Thank you for the episode.
My friend with his sharp ears, picked up an unusual biting sound at 28:44 and wondered if it was an apple or celery. I thought the crispness of the bite indicated an apple. Can you settle our curiosity please Matt?
Glad you enjoyed the episode!

I just listened back and, to be honest, I also have no idea what that sound is - sorry! But I can confirm that it came from Phil's microphone and not mine.

mel-world

Flights
My Map
Enjoyed this week's episode with persuasive arguments to retain your Velocity points. I really hope Virgin (and Velocity) survives. Not sure I could cope with AJ gloating if we get down to only QF as an option domestically.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flilaouc4