AFF Member Stock Discussion

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
FMG now at a 12 month low. Paying over 20% fuly franked dividend. Time to buy in for me.
Dividend paid from past earnings with iron ore prices at record highs. Current price based on expectation of future earnings, based on collapse of iron ore prices ( and thoughts on prospects of China construction).

What are the yield forecasts?

tgh

Established Member
I might even dust off the cheque book and have a look in the morning…but I agree that "silly" yield % usually point to looming issues

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 6.21.29 pm.png

cove

Enthusiast
Ok we took the monkey off their backs by selling Novonix and Eclipx. Still have many ECX shares and no need to sell.

Last edited:
Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Cromwell has been in a nice pattern for me to make some easy money. Hits $0.805 then a few days later hits $0.825. The a few days later $0.805 again. I've been in and out about 5 times over recent weeks following this same pattern. I realise it wont keep doing this, so when I 'get the timing wrong' I'm happy to hold this stock long term for the excellent dividend.
$0.805 yesterday for Cromwell. $0.855 today. Easy money. Although looks like the pattern may be over.

MooTime

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
$0.805 yesterday for Cromwell. $0.855 today. Easy money. Although looks like the pattern may be over.
nice buy & sell.

I looked, I did some brief geriatric research & didn't appeal.

Sold my NAN, took the ~10% profit & let's see what else is a short term grab!

cove

Enthusiast
Tonight we are sad that CMW has broken out of that trading range. That said we have many so we are not too sad.
We only traded them a couple of times to lower our net entry price.

cove

Enthusiast
With interest rates starting to stir we are not looking at buying either CBA nor WBC.
CBA price is for perfection and WBC is priced for failure to convince the market that they are back on track. At some stage WBC may get it right but that isn’t in 2021.
We are a WBC customer and they have been missing business.

TheRealTMA

Qantas
Platinum
To those of us who own Sydney Airport it looks like there’s movement afoot - and I don’t mean the planes flying again

Sydney Airport lands $32b takeover deal​

By Patrick Hatch​

Sydney Airport has agreed to a $32 billion takeover bid by a consortium led by the superannuation fund-backed IFM Investors.