AFF Gathering #13 in SYD on 18 - 20 October 2019 | Page 17 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

AFF Gathering #13 in SYD on 18 - 20 October 2019

Added to Calendar: 18-10-19, 19-10-19, 20-10-19

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
For the interest of anyone visiting HARS on the Sunday and returning to Melbourne afterwards, Fly Corporate has a direct WOL-MEB flight departing at 2.40pm from Wollongong Airport (where HARS is located). The fares are $189.

VPS

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Hi all - sadly not going to make this. I booked the Marriott in North Sydney for the Friday Saturday and Sunday night at $249 per night. If there is anyone that hasn't booked a hotel and wants to take over my booking please let me know. It's totally refundable so if no one wants it then I'm not out of pocket.

PS This has been okayed by @support.

Captain Halliday

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Registered & paid for opera house & dinner. And...

Arrival
Departure
UsernameDayTimeFlightAccommodationDayTimeFlight
Captain Halliday18 Oct2000QF549Novotel Sydney Central20 Oct1700QF540
Captain Halliday +118 Oct2000QF549Novotel Sydney Central20 Oct1700QF540

Jacques Vert

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Not sure whether Gem56 & I still qualify for WP.

We are driving down on Saturday and will join the team for dinner. Sunday we are driving to Canberra but will go via HARS just 'cause we can.

JV

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Not sure whether Gem56 & I still qualify for WP.

We are driving down on Saturday and will join the team for dinner. Sunday we are driving to Canberra but will go via HARS just 'cause we can.

JV
Will you be joining us on the bus to HARS?

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
There is a possibility that I will now be arriving on Friday afternoon. If so I will come to Friday drinks and to the Opera House tour on Saturday morning. I'll advise and pay as soon as I can confirm.

Rugby

Qantas
Platinum
I can only do the Friday drinks. Just booked and paid - looking forward to it.

Fifa

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Amex has an offer for those that booked the Marriott Circular Quay deal:
Spend AU$500 or more, get AU$100 back 😁.

support

Established Member
Administrator
I have been in contact with HARS today and there are no longer any spots available for the 747 premium tour. The wing walk might be subject to availability. For those that had previously indicated on the signup form, you will have received a conversation message today advising you of next steps regarding this.

We are now 4 weeks away from event start!

support

Established Member
Administrator
Final numbers for activities will be confirmed a week prior to the weekend (in about 3 weeks time). Therefore, if you would like to come but have not indicated this through the form, you only have 3 weeks left to do so.

Additionally, money needs to be transferred before you are confirmed. If your money has not hit the event account before the cut off, you will not have a spot at anything you have indicated attendance of. Those that are confirmed are listed in post #4.

There will be some lucky door prizes on the final day, similar to other events that include a bus.

Cryptarcadian

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Looks like I'll be able to make it after all... filled out the form and paid! Hope to see you all at Friday drinks, Saturday dinner and the HARS tour on Sunday. Accommodation will be my own home, but will be departing SYD on DL 40 at 10:25 Mon 21 Oct. ;)

Bazzi

Flights
My Map
For anyone interested in the Edinburgh Tattoo on the Friday night, Smartix have just announced 2 for 1 tickets starting at $79 for the nosebleed section and $255 for premium tickets.

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astocker22