- Feb 12, 2018
Champagnes flying under the radar
Tyson Stelzer’s The Champagne Guide Master Edition 2011-2019
besides 100 champagnes to try before you die,Tyson Stelzer’s Australian Sparkling Report 2018
- Champagne’s Top Five Rock Solid Performers
- Pol Roger
- Champagne’s Top Five Movers & Shakers
- Charles Heidsieck
- Louis Roederer
- The sparkling wine of the year Over $50: House of Arras Grand Vintage 2007 Magnum
- The blanc de blancs of the year: House of Arras Blanc de Blancs 2008
- The sparkling rosé of the year: Bellebonne Natalie Fryar Vintage Rosé 2015
- The sparkling red of the year: Seppelt Show Sparkling Limited Release Shiraz 2007
- The prosecco of the year: Di Sciascio D’Sas King Valley Prosecco 2017
Unfortunately Tyson is an absolute joke when it comes to his 'expertise' on Champagne. Cannot even qualify to be a finalist a the vin de champagne awards (winners include Huon Hooke, Bernadette o Shea and Paul boothby) and hes always trying to pass as an expert.
Last week he just came out with Charles Heidseick (actually a personal favourite of mine) as a "10/10" house, when it wasn't in the top five rock solid performers , and their NV has been an absolute star since 2011. Why the sudden promotion of CH? Well..an all expenses paid business class trip to Champagne courtesy of Mr Heidseick probably had something to do with it.