Access to first lounge

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by mzy, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. mzy

mzy Junior Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Hi guys,

I am currently a SG with only 80 SC’s required before I qualify as a WP. I have a J class trip to Asia this weekend which should take care of the SC’s but my question is whether I will be able to use the new first lounge on the way out on this trip? Any ideas?

…mzy

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Since you are not yet Platinum Status, then you will not be able to use the Flounge

Dave

3. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Yep, you could try and ask nicely but i very much doubt its even worth your time to bother. Of course as soon as you make WP you can use the lounge, they can look up your status on there computers, so as soon as you see it credit to your account you should be right.
    E

4. justinbrett

justinbrett Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Sydney
    It doesn't hurt to ask.

5. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Correct BUT doen't be surprised when they say NO :!:

6. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    As long as being refused will not offend. I can't see there being any more likelihood of the OP being admitted than any other Sapphire person.

Dave

7. brisbull

brisbull Intern

Jun 27, 2005
    What would the case be if the OP was on a single flight number with a stopover (eg QF1, SYD-LHR, stopover in SIN), and the flight would get them the SCs to qualify for WP.

Everyone is saying that they would not be allowed access F lounge in sydney... but what about the F lounge in SIN? Would the flight have posted? And if it had not, could you not claim that the system is out of date?

8. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    You will attain status once the flight has credited and the status is updated in the system. Prior to this , you are still gold and not permitted access

Dave

9. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Of course they would have access then - in fact I am hoping for something similar soon when I hit EXP on AA - there is a very short time for flights to post before I will "need" F lounge access.

EDIT

Hmm - maybe I shouldnt have been so bold with my statements...

10. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Don't worry, it will happen. That CUSP is one of the more fascinating things about 'status'.

Cheers ... :cool:

(p.s. I have been there .. ;:)

11. Febs

Febs Established Member

Aug 15, 2006
    HKG
    Was in a similar situation when I went from PS->SG. I was on LST-MEL-SYD, and qualified for SG when I landed in MEL. I had some time to kill so went to the QC and was told as I hadn't completed my entire flight (ie: arrived in Sydney), nothing had posted and I technically wasn't yet SG.

Of course they let me in anyway, but it most probably would've been a different story if it was an FLounge.

Cheers,
    - Febs.

12. moa999

moa999 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2003
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    probably harder in the Syd F lounge due to the presence of the door person who doesn't have access to the computer (as a result of the F lounge being reached before the J lounge when you come up the escalator) and will only look at your boarding pass or card

13. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    AA flights generally post in aout 48 hours. Partner airlines flights generally take longer at around a week. You will not have EXP status until all the flights have posted to your account.

14. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I dont think I will pull it off in time to make EXP for my flight out of the LGW-BGI-JFK but all should be settled before my US mileage run (no real need for EXP) and for my JFK-NRT-HKG-SYD trip - where I am hoping to use an eVIP... we shall wait and see :)

15. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    If the last flights before attaining EXP are AA ones, you may be able to get the AAdvantage Customer service to manually update the account once the sectors are flown, but do not rely on it

Dave

16. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I have found that BA and QF post very quickly (QF was on my statement on monday for a saturday flight - couldnt check over the weekend as my monthly statement was being prepared) - its just CX that has taken longest. I know I will have to do the online request for Finnair as the AA number just looks wrong.

The sequence of events is:

Jul 7 SYD-HKG (QF) - posted
    Jul 7 HKG-FRA (CX) - not
    Jul 7 FRA-HEL (AY) - not - expect a claim on 15 days - 23 Jul
    Jul 7 HEL-LHR (AY) - not - expect a claim on 15 days - 23 Jul

Jul 21 LHR-DXB (BA) - expect to post 23 Jul

Qualifying flight
    Jul 22 DXB-LHR (BA) - expect to post 24 Jul

Jul 26 LGW-BGI (BA) - expect to post 28 Jul
    Jul 26 BGI-JFK (AA) - expect to post 27 Jul

Jul 29 USA round trip on AA
    Jul 30 JFK-NRT (AA) - here hoping to use eVIP

If it doesnt all come off it wont be the end of the world - just nice to be able to use f lounge at HKG on the way home

S

17. justinbrett

justinbrett Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Sydney
    I have noticed flying my regular route DRW - BNE, which arrives around 1700, that it is posted within a few hours of landing

18. garyjohn951

garyjohn951 Active Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Melbourne
    I wouldn't bank on the AY sectors being in the system. Flying QF to HKG, then AY to HEL with both boarding passes issued in MEL and including FF number on AY sector. Flight was 16/6 and today 11/7, the AY sector is still not listed.

19. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    There is little consistency with posting flights. On my recent DONE4, with all flights crediting to AA, the first two QF flights did not post automatically and I had to use the web site to claim he missing mileage (have to wait 3 weeks before making claim and then took 2 weeks to post after that), while a subsequent QF flight on the same ticket did post automatically. Thankfully I was not needing those first two QF flights for any qualification purposes.

20. DTM1

DTM1 Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    I've always found that QF flights being posted to QFF are credited within a couple of hours of flying.

In fact, on a recent trip to Chicago, I was in the LA lounge checking my FF account, and found that the SCs and points had already credited (within 1 hour), but I already had the status, so it didn't matter.

As an aside, I think it's odd that the flagship lounge at LAX has no work centre, so you have to leave and go to the admirals club to get on line.