Access to Admirals Lounges for Qantas Club Member's Family

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Baysider, Jul 13, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Baysider

Baysider Active Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Brisbane
    I'll be travelling with my family (wife and 2 kids aged 13,11) to San Francisco and New York in December, probably flying AA. Although we are in cattle class, I understand that as a Qantas Club member I can access the Admirals Lounge while travelling on AA flights. What are my chances of getting all of my family members into the lounges? Thanks.

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Reasonable. AA permits lounge access to their own members to admit entire family and they tend to extend that to other people eligable to enter. You are entitled only to take 1 guest in, so be prepared for possible refusal but I think that you are likely to get in

Dave

3. drron

drron Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2002
    Sunshine Coast
    On one occasion was travelling with mrsdrron,daughter,sil and 3 grandkids.Not able to get everyone in to AC in JFK but they did say they would let members children in.Club was busy.In MIA the AC was strangely quiet and everyone was allowed in.

4. bo94114

bo94114 Newbie

Jul 6, 2007
    San Francisco
    Hi, Guest limit is subject to space availability and the general demeanour of the attendant that day….Once when I was travelling alone at SFO they would not admit me as they said the lounge was at capacity. I came back 15 min later and they let me in.

5. Baysider

Baysider Active Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Brisbane
    Thanks everyone. We are booked with AA, but I'll be using the Qantas Club card to access the AA lounges. Does this mean I have to request passes at check-in, or do I just flash the Qantas Club card at the lounge reception desk?

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    A valid QP membership card should suffice. Make sure you get your complimentary drink vouchers.

(I don't think AA hand out invites).

7. parsonstrish

parsonstrish Active Member

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    I've been accessing ac the past 7 wks. here in US. I've had no problems in entry presenting my QC card and boarding pass.

Today was the first time I had to remind the entry staff of my complimentary drink voucher.