A Tale of Two Tickets (Jetstar Refund Success)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
LT Gold
Oneworld
Sapphire
I wanted to share a recent Jetstar experience (ongoing) that I have had. The outcome – at this stage – is good but it took a chat to Jetstar to get there and I can see why so many people get so upset with them. As a frequent flyer, I should know better, but just think of all those people who don't and wouldn't have picked up on this issue.

In early January I booked a return flight HAN-DAD-HAN, choosing the afternoon flight both ways as there were two services running at the time. A little more than a week later I received a text (and email) informing me my outgoing flight had been changed to the morning flight. My own digging suggested that they had reduced it to a daily service, so I would also be returning in the morning, despite not having received a notification. Indeed, checking on Jetstar only showed my return flight as cancelled, not re-booked, but I chalked that up to a quirk of the system, after all, they had changed my outgoing flight so why wouldn't they change my incoming flight too?

Flash forward to 3 weeks (tonight) and I finally had some time to get to the bottom of things. I started a web-chat and I will paste it below, changing only the name of the operator, despite his great assistance.

Chat Started: Tuesday, February 04, 2020, 18:40:13 (+1100)

Chat Origin: VA-Service English

Agent xx_​

( 9m 34s ) xx_: *Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV in this chat window.*
Hi, my name is xx_. How can I help you today?
( 10m 27s ) Sam: Hi, I made a booking with JQ earlier this year for some flights in Vietnam (technically BL) and more recently received a notification that the first flight of a return was changing
( 10m 44s ) Sam: the reason i think was that there were 2 flights a day, now it's 1 flight a day
( 11m 7s ) Sam: trouble is, when I log on to check my booking I can no longer see my return journey, just the first flight.
( 11m 48s ) Sam: I am fairly confident that the return flight would have been changed as well, as it was the return of the service that is now no longer flying
( 12m 3s ) Sam: Can you confirm this/provide me with an updated itinerary?
( 12m 9s ) Sam: ABCDEF / Lastname
( 13m 13s ) xx_: Hello Sam. Let me check and verify the change on your flight here. One moment as I pull up the booking.
( 18m 44s ) Sam: Previously I was on flight BL647, and I think this was moved to BL633.
( 19m 43s ) Sam: However, if BL647 is no longer operating, then my return flight on BL646 is likely to be cancelled too (as my booking shows) but it does not show what it has been changed to?
( 20m 2s ) Sam: I would hate to turn up at the airport to find Jetstar had not re-accommodated me onto another flight.
( 20m 26s ) xx_: Upon checking here your return flight DAD-HAN was cancelled and your outbound flight HAN-DAD has a time change and flight time is now 06:30-07:50.
( 20m 49s ) Sam: okay... so you were planning to just leave me stranded in Da Nang?
( 21m 16s ) xx_: I can move the flight to the next available flight that we have. One moment as I check on available flights.
( 21m 52s ) Sam: Forgive me for sounding surprised this was not done immediately.
( 22m 41s ) Sam: BL632 on the same day (Monday 9th March) would make the most sense
( 23m 35s ) xx_: No worries I understand that you would feel that way. One moment as I check on the flight.
( 27m 41s ) xx_: Thank you for waiting. I have moved your return flight to BL-632 09 Mar DAD-HAN 08:30-09:50. I have sent the itinerary on the email provided and you will receive it within 24 hours. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
( 29m 8s ) Sam: No that's all, thank you. However maybe send a note to a supervisor that when cancelling a flight, getting in touch with the customer so they're not stranded might be a good idea. If you're able to put me in seats 1B/1C that would be good too. Otherwise I can do that when I get the itinerary.
( 30m 54s ) xx_: You're welcome. I appreciate that feedback. Let me check if we can allocate your seats. One moment.
( 33m 35s ) Sam: I have to head off, but I thank you for your assistance. I'm not particularly happy with the airline, but have received good support from you, thanks!

Now, that chat was overall positive, but it shouldn't be on me to make sure my flights continue to be ticketed the entire time I wait for them to commence. Just think, if I didn't have a clue about this stuff and simply turned up at the airport, I'd have no flight! I find that absolutely pathetic from an airline like Jetstar and I really do hope someone challenges them on their terrible attitude to customers one day and it bites them on the bum.

Definitely strange.
Maybe a quirk in their flight change approach given they effectively treat each flight as a one-way.

Anyhow good the centralised support was able to deal with Jetstar Pacific

I recently had a positive outcome from a Jetstar cancellation.

We had booked two nights in Launceston, and I had been thinking I had made a mistake and should have booked three nights - but I was locked into the two night stay by the Jetstar fares I had bought.

But then Jetstar cancelled the 10.50 am flight and gave me the option of a 7am flight or a flight some three hours later. I rang them up and asked that - given they'd taken three hours of vacation time off from us - if they could give us the extra day in Launceston by letting us fly out a day later. Which Jetstar agreed to, and rebooked the two flights.

So we're very happy with that outcome.
Cheers,
Renato

Just thought I'd make a rather long post detailing my fight with Jetstar for what I felt I was owed, and how if you persevere, you can eventually get a good result.

In early January I made a return Jetstar Pacific (BL) booking for HAN-DAD-HAN in March. It was for 2 persons, and I chose a Max Bundle to sit up the front and get the most value from the flights. At the time, they operated two flights a day, morning and evening. Only a couple weeks later they cancelled their evening services and bumped me to the morning service, but made a crucial error that necessitated me engaging with them through the chat system: while they rebooked me on the outbound flight, they simply cancelled my return. I wasn't impressed and told them so at the time, that had I not been following along closely I might've turned up at the airport to find I didn't even have a ticket.

Code:
Chat Started: Tuesday, February 04, 2020, 18:40:13 (+1100)
Agent X

( 9m 34s ) X: Hi, my name is X. How can I help you today?
( 10m 27s ) Sam: Hi, I made a booking with JQ earlier this year for some flights in Vietnam (technically BL) and more recently received a notification that the first flight of a return was changing
( 10m 44s ) Sam: the reason i think was that there were 2 flights a day, now it's 1 flight a day
( 11m 7s ) Sam: trouble is, when I log on to check my booking I can no longer see my return journey, just the first flight.
( 11m 48s ) Sam: I am fairly confident that the return flight would have been changed as well, as it was the return of the service that is now no longer flying
( 12m 3s ) Sam: Can you confirm this/provide me with an updated itinerary?
( 12m 9s ) Sam: xx_xx_ / Last-name-here
( 13m 13s ) X: Hello Sam. Let me check and verify the change on your flight here. One moment as I pull up the booking.
( 18m 44s ) Sam: Previously I was on flight BL647, and I think this was moved to BL633.
( 19m 43s ) Sam: However, if BL647 is no longer operating, then my return flight on BL646 is likely to be cancelled too (as my booking shows) but it does not show what it has been changed to?
( 20m 2s ) Sam: I would hate to turn up at the airport to find Jetstar had not re-accommodated me onto another flight.
( 20m 26s ) X: Upon checking here your return flight DAD-HAN was cancelled and your outbound flight HAN-DAD has a time change and flight time is now 06:30-07:50.
( 20m 49s ) Sam: okay... so you were planning to just leave me stranded in Da Nang?
( 21m 16s ) X: I can move the flight to the next available flight that we have. One moment as I check on available flights.
( 21m 52s ) Sam: Forgive me for sounding surprised this was not done immediately.
( 22m 41s ) Sam: BL632 on the same day (Monday 9th March) would make the most sense
( 23m 35s ) X: No worries I understand that you would feel that way. One moment as I check on the flight.
( 27m 41s ) X: Thank you for waiting. I have moved your return flight to BL-632 09 Mar DAD-HAN 08:30-09:50. I have sent the itinerary on the email provided and you will receive it within 24 hours. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
( 29m 8s ) Sam: No that's all, thank you. However maybe send a note to a supervisor that when cancelling a flight, getting in touch with the customer so they're not stranded might be a good idea. If you're able to put me in seats 1B/1C that would be good too. Otherwise I can do that when I get the itinerary.
( 30m 54s ) X: You're welcome. I appreciate that feedback. Let me check if we can allocate your seats. One moment.
( 33m 35s ) Sam: I have to head off, but I thank you for your assistance. I'm not particularly happy with the airline, but have received good support from you, thanks!

I note that this was before COVID-19 was really hitting the fan, yes there was some chatter, but it was only really China at that stage. Anyway, my flights had moved about 12 hours on each day, but I was still spending about the same amount of time at the main destination. In words I've heard before, 'what could possibly go wrong'! Flash forward to the end of February, under 1 week from the first flight and I get another email advising me my flight have now actually been changed and endorsed to Vietnam Airlines. This might be find if it weren't for the fact the flight times have slipped even earlier into the AM (0600) and I am told I need to present to a specific desk 120 minutes prior to departure. A phone call to Vietnam did not help or shed any further light on what was to me, an unacceptable change by this stage. The best I could do online was claim a Jetstar Credit at this stage, so I did, before attempting to dispute this. Back to online chat we go!

Code:
Chat Started: Sunday, March 01, 2020, 21:47:26 (+1100)
Chat Origin: Complaints English
Agent V

( 3m 51s ) V: Hi, my name is V. How can I help you today?
( 4m 37s ) Sam: I asked for a refund and received a voucher which I believe to not be acceptable and would like a refund to my credit card.
( 5m 3s ) Sam: If you can give me a case ID I can send an email with the details to customer care.
( 5m 28s ) V: Hello Sam. Let me pull up the booking first and check it.
( 9m 6s ) Sam: You should be able to see the original flight booked left at 1800, which was moved to 0630 and more recently cancelled completely and rebooked on a competitor but told I needed to turn up at the airport at 0400
( 13m 0s ) V: Thank you for patiently waiting, Sam. I see here that last 4 Feb, there was a contact that was made because of the schedule change and the representative assisted you to move it to the flight departing 8:30AM.
( 13m 51s ) Sam: You'll note that on that date I discovered that the return flight had actually not been rebooked at all and if I had turned up at the airport I'd have found I wasn't ticketed.
( 14m 56s ) Sam: However, this is not the issue here, despite the fact that action would have really left me in the * and should have been when I called it quits. I soldiered on and now I'm in en ever worse position.
Sensitive Data Rule triggered: Blocking_Salacious_Words_Set_m_w
( 15m 55s ) Sam: Now if you want to look up the Jetstar pacific conditions of carriage and I'll draw your attention to article 9.2
( 16m 17s ) Sam: If, after your itinerary and tax invoice has been issued, we make a change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are unable to book you on an alternate flight which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 9.2
( 18m 40s ) V: The options were provided to you after the schedule change. And the representative assisted you to move the flight. On that part, you have agreed to have it change to that flight. Any changes after that for max ticket, it will be refunded via credit voucher.
( 19m 11s ) Sam: I do not accept and would like to speak to a supervisor.
( 19m 27s ) Sam: Your flight number BL633 of booking xx_xx_ from HAN to DAD on 06-MAR-2020 is CHANGED due to operate requirement reason. You are managed on Vietnam Airlines with flight number VN155 departing at 06H00 on 06-MAR-2020. Please present at the Jetstar Pacific's checkin counter 120 minutes prior to the new departure time. Jetstar sincerely apologize. Please call (+84) 28 35473550 for any enquiries.
( 19m 38s ) Sam: That's a cancelled flight
( 20m 46s ) Sam: That inconveniences me more than you could believe. Under article 9.2 of YOUR OWN conditions of carriage if the change or CANCEL my flights and the options you present me are unacceptable to me I am entitled to a refund.
( 21m 5s ) Sam: I'm not an idiot and I don't appreciate being taken advantage of.
( 21m 20s ) V: One moment please
( 22m 1s ) Sam: So if you cannot help me then provide me with a case ID and I will talk to someone who is able to understand their own conditions of carriage.
( 27m 4s ) V: I have reached out with my supervisor regarding with this, and we sent out an email to Jetstar Pacific regarding with this. I was informed to let you know that you need to contact us back within 72 hours for this to be investigated.
( 27m 24s ) V: I will provide you with the chat ID for reference which is 123456789.
( 28m 1s ) Sam: Is this chat ID a case ID that I can email customer care with?
( 28m 22s ) Sam: Email is far easier than a chat window!
( 29m 4s ) V: That is the Chat ID for our conversation. This is already on investigation and please chat us back with in 72 hours as we will are awiting for the response form the Jetstar Pacific team.
( 30m 15s ) Sam: I would prefer not to use chat but if this is all you have available, presumably to avoid giving refunds to people who are entitled to them then I shall play your little game.
( 32m 9s ) V: I can be able to provide you a phone number: 1900 1550 where you can contact us via phone if you dont want to chat.
( 32m 54s ) Sam: I will do that. What is wrong with emails? Paper trail scare your airline too much?
( 36m 19s ) Sam: I'm hoping I don't have to contact the ACCC or Airline Consumer Ombudsmen because a fully refundable ticket is anything but.

I'd had my fill of their pretend-help for the month and so I decided to forego contacting them within 72 hours and simply enjoy my holiday. Probably the last one I'll have for a while as I got back to Australia shortly before mandatory 14-day isolations came into force. Had a lovely time though! I've been back for 3 weeks, still feeling fine.

So now, we flash forward to today (well, yesterday as I sit writing this). I had applied for a refund in late March through a link posted by @Peter78. It was mainly allowing flyers impacted by COVID-19 cancellations to claim full refunds, but I figured it might help my case too. Funnily enough, I had a second flight that was meant to fly me from ADL-OOL this weekend following a wine trip and while that was denied a refund despite being cancelled, they asked me for more info on the Vietnam flights they had been so difficult with earlier in the month. So, back to online chat.

Code:
Chat Started: Friday, April 03, 2020, 15:01:15 (+1100)
Agent E

( 23m 52s ) E: Hi, my name is E. How can I help you today?
( 24m 30s ) Sam: hi, I had a booking i tried to get refunded and it sent me to this chat
( 24m 40s ) Sam Heathfield: xx_xx_
( 24m 52s ) E: I see. No worries. Let me check that for you.
( 25m 42s ) Sam: I previously spoke to an agent on this matter, before COVID-19 got dicey and they said I needed to get back in touch with them, but it's been rough so I left it a while
( 26m 12s ) Sam: The chat ID ref was: 123456789
( 27m 15s ) E: Can I please have the full name listed on the booking?
( 27m 22s ) Sam: Sam last-name-here
( 28m 25s ) E: Apologies as I can see a different name listed here.
( 28m 44s ) E: Kindly confirm your full name for privacy purposes.
( 29m 4s ) Sam: There were two travelling in the booking, Linda and Sam last-name-here
( 29m 10s ) Sam: Perhaps it's Samuel?
( 30m 18s ) E: Thank you Sam. I can confirm that your refund is in the queue and should be processed within the next week. Im really sorry that you havent received it yet. I know that would be frustrating. Our team is working hard to process refunds as quickly as possible, due to the exceptionally high volume of requests weve received though, its taking longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
( 30m 51s ) Sam: So just to confirm, this booking has now been refunded (NOT a credit voucher)?
( 31m 45s ) E: That's correct. It's being queued for monetary refund. :)
( 32m 5s ) Sam: I must admit to being pleasantly surprised with the outcome!
( 32m 11s ) Sam: thank you
( 32m 40s ) Sam: I do have another booking that was cancelled, would I be able to enquire on whether that could be refunded too?
( 33m 44s ) Sam: YYYYYY sam/samuel last-name-here
( 34m 55s ) E: Sorry for the confusion Sam. Do you have a case number linked to your booking?
( 35m 26s ) Sam: No. Not the second one
( 38m 21s ) E: I'm currently checking on this for you. Apologies for that. One moment please.
( 38m 28s ) Sam: thank you
( 41m 30s ) E: Sorry again Sam. Here's what I have, for booking xx_xx_, it's been processed for a credit voucher which was already sent via email.
( 42m 58s ) Sam: I contacted jetstar about this issue on the 1st march (over a month ago) and said this was unacceptable and wanted it escalated to a supervisor, which is why I was given a chat ID number
( 43m 6s ) Sam: The chat ID ref was: 123456789
( 43m 43s ) Sam: Under article 9.2 of YOUR OWN conditions of carriage if the change or CANCEL my flights and the options you present me are unacceptable to me I am entitled to a refund.
( 44m 15s ) Sam: Can you please check your CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE, section 9.2 and confirm we are reading the same information?
( 45m 15s ) Sam: These are the Conditions of Carriage for Jetstar Pacific Airlines, BRN: 0301103030
( 45m 31s ) Sam: Article 9: Schedules, Cancellation
( 46m 21s ) Sam: 9.2 Cancellation, schedule change - In case of schedule change or cancellation, we shall, at your opinion, either: Carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charges or Give you a fare refund
( 46m 22s ) E: Have you checked your email regarding this? I can see that you were sent with an email regarding the case.
( 46m 42s ) Sam: Hi SAM, Thank you for contacting us. We are assessing your request for a refund related to booking reference xx_xx_ and we need some more information from you to proceed. Please click here to speak to a member of our Livechat team.
( 46m 49s ) Sam: That's how i got to this point
( 48m 32s ) E: This is being handled by the resolutions team. Kindly respond to the email you have received. Please note that the above message was sent automatically by the system. Kindly reply to the original email regarding your refund request. On my end I can only offer a voucher.
( 49m 0s ) Sam: then why does it say to clic the link and speak to you?
( 50m 26s ) E: I think that was for your other booking YYYYYY. Please note that this is also queued for voucher. However, I can process a monetary refund on this booking YYYYYY as you are eligible. However, kindly respond to the email you received regarding booking xx_xx_.
( 50m 40s ) E: Would you like to proceed with YYYYYY?
( 51m 4s ) Sam: I received 2 emails, YYYYYY said it was denied and did not offer a link, you'll note that the text above contains the booking reference as verbatim
( 51m 22s ) Sam: I just replied to that email: Please contact our Livechat team for assistance. They're available to help 24 hours a day. This is not an active inbox and emails sent to this address will not reach out team.
( 52m 3s ) Sam: Is this customer service, where you tell me a lie, I go and follow through and then find out I have been lied to and have to wait in the line to speak to someone again?
( 52m 35s ) E: I see. This is because it should be checked and I can confirm that we can only offer a voucher for xx_xx_. Please confirm if you'd like me to process a refund for YYYYYY so I can have this processed and remove the voucher queue.
( 52m 35s ) Sam: You clearly think I'm stupid
( 52m 57s ) Sam: Yes, I'd like a refund for YYYYYY
( 53m 14s ) E: Thank you. Let me confirm the refund here.
( 55m 12s ) E: Ive requested your refund for YYYYYY amounting to AUD209.07 and its approved. It will go back to your original form of payment. It usually takes around 14 days to reach your account. We have a huge number of requests at the moment though and it may take up to a month. We appreciate your patience. However, as much as I would like to, I'm unable to provide a refund for xx_xx_.
( 55m 50s ) Sam: Can that be escalated or should I simply speak to my bank?
( 57m 30s ) E: Apologies as I've checked and can confirm that this booking xx_xx_ is only eligible for a voucher. I am sure you can appreciate the scale of these changes is something we have never seen before. Our teams have worked really hard to provide options for customers wherever possible. I apologise for the confusion and stress this must have caused.
( 59m 47s ) Sam: xx_xx_ wasn't affected by COVID-19. The booking happened before Australia even got serious about the pandemic. It was a simple case of Jetstar changing a flight multiple times, to the point that they ended up cancelling the flight and attempting to re-book me on flights that I couldn't have possibly made. I asked for a refund under section 9.2 of your own conditions of carriage which state that if a change or cancellation is unacceptable to me I can get a full refund.
( 1h 0m 31s ) Sam: If you don't want to follow your own Conditions of Carriage, ther smart thing to do would be to change them. Hence why I would like the matter escalated to someone who can authorise the refund.
( 1h 2m 21s ) E: Let me check for an available supervisor for you.
( 1h 4m 54s ) Sam: thank you
( 1h 5m 1s ) E: Hi Sam thanks for waiting.
( 1h 5m 13s ) E: Did you receive the voucher via email?
( 1h 5m 40s ) Sam: I did at the time, however I didn't want it and wont be using it
( 1h 7m 49s ) E: Okay, I was able to ask for authorization to have this voided and convert to a monetary refund.
( 1h 7m 52s ) E: Ive requested your refund and its approved. It will go back to your original form of payment. It usually takes around 14 days to reach your account. We have a huge number of requests at the moment though and it may take up to a month. We appreciate your patience
( 1h 8m 11s ) Sam: thank you
( 1h 8m 18s ) Sam: You've been a wonderful help
( 1h 8m 46s ) E: Thank you for your feedback.
( 1h 8m 52s ) E: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
( 1h 9m 41s ) Sam: No you've been great, I hope I haven't stressed you too much :)
( 1h 10m 4s ) E: No worries. Great to chat with you - I hope it was helpful. Before you head off, would you mind clicking 'End
Conversation' (in the top right-hand corner) to answer a few quick questions about your experience
today? We're always looking to sharpen up the way we do things.
( 1h 10m 21s ) Sam: OK no worries

And there we have it, perseverance pays off. But you do need to be firm and know your rights. More importantly perhaps, know what their conditions of carriage state. I find it baffling that they fight so hard against their own T&C. They might as well change them considering they don't follow them. Of course, my refunds will probably take another month to appear, and probably a fourth chat to them to see what's going on.

It really disappoints me that they get away with this behaviour, even without COVID-19 being an issue.

The crucial thing that everything hinged on was the Conditions of Carriage, of which they have one for each flavour of Jetstar.

Article 9: Schedules, Cancellation.
9.1 Schedules
Jetstar does not guarantee it will be able to carry you and your Baggage in accordance with the scheduled date and time of the flights specified. Schedules may change for a range of reasons including bad weather, air traffic control delays, strikes, technical disruptions and late inbound aircraft. Flight times do not form part of your contract of carriage with us.

Before we accept your booking, we or our authorized agent will notify you of the scheduled flight time in effect as of that time, and it will be shown on your itinerary and tax invoice. It is possible we may need to change the scheduled flight time subsequent to issuance of your itinerary and tax invoice and/or cancel, terminate, divert, postpone, delay any flight, or substitute alternative aircraft and stop-over destination if necessary beyond our control and/or because of safety or commercial reasons. If you provide us with contact information, we will endeavour to notify you of any such changes. If, after your itinerary and tax invoice has been issued, we make a change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are unable to book you on an alternate flight which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 9.2

9.2 Cancellation, schedule change
Due to safety or commercial reasons, we make a significant change to the scheduled departure time of your flight or the flight is diverted or cancelled after you pay for your booking or even you complete the check-in procedure.

In case of schedule change or cancellation, we shall, at your opinion, either:
  • Carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charges or
  • Give you a fare refund

I see you wait 9, 3 and 23 minutes before they came online.

I had three Starter Max bookings sitting in the COVID-19 wilderness with 3K.

Initially I kicked the can down the road with the two late march ones (free rebooking) and shortly after that one was cancelled - they put me on a flight 9 hours later - it was now the only flight they had on the route that day.

So I went via chat - this was March 11:
Code:
( 9m 21s ) <3K CSA>: *Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV in this chat window.*
Hi, my name is <3K CSA>. How can I help you today?
( 9m 37s ) <serfty>: I received a chnage to my flight:
( 9m 38s ) <serfty>: < PNR >
( 10m 12s ) <3K CSA>: Hello, <serfty>. Let me pull up the booking to assist with schedule change.
( 12m 18s ) <3K CSA>: I'll just need another minute or two - thanks for sitting tight.
( 13m 38s ) <3K CSA>: As I've checked, the current confirmed flight in the booking is 3K-514 Xday, xth of April, Bangkok-Singapore 9:20pm-12:45am. The original flight was 12:50pm-4:15pm.
( 14m 14s ) <serfty>: Booking was for 12:50pm, this is 8½ hours later. This flight time does not suit me.
( 14m 32s ) <3K CSA>: I'm really sorry. I know how frustrating it is when plans change –especially when it's out of your control.
( 15m 7s ) <serfty>: Yes - I have checked schedules and there are no other suitable flights.
( 15m 13s ) <serfty>: I would like a full refund.
( 16m 33s ) <3K CSA>: Due to schedule change, we're able to process a free move to Jetstar flights within 24 hours earlier or later. Alternatively, we can refund the booking.
( 17m 6s ) <serfty>: There are no other flights that will work on any day.
( 17m 11s ) <serfty>: Please arrange a full refund.
( 18m 7s ) <3K CSA>: Once cancelled, we can no longer reinstate the booking. The refund amount will be <x,xx_.xx> THB. It will be sent to the bank for processing within 7 days from the date of the request. Shall we proceed?
( 18m 35s ) <serfty>: Please proceed with the refund.
( 19m 00s ) <3K CSA>: Sure. I will be right back with you, thank you very much.
( 21m 24s ) <3K CSA>: I was able to finalise the refund request for < PNR >. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
( 22m 3s ) <serfty>: That is all fine.
( 22m 9s ) <serfty>: Thankyou for your time.
( 23m 10s ) <3K CSA>: Great to chat with you - I hope it was helpful. Before you head off, would you mind clicking 'End Conversation' (in the top right-hand corner) to answer a few quick questions about your experience today? We're always looking to sharpen up the way we do things.
The credit appeared 4 working days later.

Note that 3K have the following in their Conditions of Carriage:
Significant Change means a change of three hours or more to your scheduled departure time.
and
9.1(c) If, after you pay for your Booking, we make a Significant Change to your flight due to Event Within Our Control, we will:

• rebook you on the next available flight (or combination of flights) on our services to your booked destination at no additional cost to you
  • alternatively, at your option, refund the applicable fare.
  • If the change is not a Significant Change but we or our Authorised Agents cannot book you on another flight which you are prepared to accept, and the change means you are unable to use your Booking for its intended purpose, we will refund the applicable fare.

Interesting that I had to fight with my agents to understand rule 9.2 while for you they were very accepting straight away. It's such a mixed bag.

Interesting that I had to fight with my agents to understand rule 9.2 while for you they were very accepting straight away. It's such a mixed bag.
Over on FT (in the Qantas Forum), there are subsequent reports of it becoming almost impossible to get refunds from 3K in recent weeks.

I moved our JQ PER-DPS MAX flights from (about now) to September. Given the current news from Indonesia, I wonder if Bali will be open then. And whether JQ will have any cash left when those flights might be cancelled.... Same applies for the (much more expensive) ongoing CX flights from DPS.

I suspect a time not to be wandering
Fred

Out of interest does anyone know what Virgin CofC says in this same area?

If, after your itinerary and tax invoice has been issued, we make a change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are unable to book you on an alternate flight which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 9.2

9.2 Cancellation, schedule change

Due to safety or commercial reasons, we make a significant change to the scheduled departure time of your flight or the flight is diverted or cancelled after you pay for your booking or even you complete the check-in procedure.

In case of schedule change or cancellation, we shall, at your opinion, either:

• Carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charges or
  • Give you a fare refund

What a battle with Jetstar to get a full refund. Here is my experience which may help others if they would rather a refund than the credit Jetstar are trying SO hard to push.
We had a Bali trip for 31st May and returning 8th June.
Jetstar cancelled the flight and offered a credit. I looked at it but they were only offering the trip over as a credit and not the return portion. Quite useless.
I checked ACCC's website and it informed me that businesses should really offer a refund if they can't offer something similar to what you originally purchased.
Jetstars website said "Ask Jess" Well it doesn't matter how many times I clicked Jess she wouldn't answer. There were no links anywhere or any mention anywhere for refunds. Even contact phone numbers where very hard to find.

I finally found a number and phoned Jetstar. I was on hold for 1.5 hours. The woman who finally took my call was pleasant enough but kept pushing me to accept the credit rather than a refund. After putting me on hold several times talking to supervisors she agreed to give me a refund. I asked for a reference or confirmation Email but was told they don't do that.
Ok feeling happy that I finally got the refund I was very surprised the next day to receive a email with a credit voucher for the amount in my name !! NOT a refund as agreed.
I once again phoned jetstar and sat on hold for another 1.5 hours. The new operator did everything to get me to accept this voucher. I told her that Jetstar had agreed they would refund it. She said she would have to listen to the Audio which she did for 10 minutes on further hold. On returning she said why cant you take the voucher instead. I said I couldn't travel in the next 6 months and just wanted a refund as promised. She wouldn't give up but I held my ground mentioning that maybe ACCC will help.
Anyway long story she finally gave in and said she would organize it within the next 14 days. She also gave me a case number for it. Several days later I recieved a email from my mate "Jess" informing me the case had been referred to there refund department and sorry for the delay. Well its been 10 days not and still no refund. Will give them the 14 days and hopefully will see a refund in my account.
Man what a long drawn out process. You get what you pay for I guess. Next trip to Bali when this Virus issue is over I will be seriously looking at other airlines. If you o want a refund for a flight that Jetstar cancelled then it may be worth the fight if they come through.

Well its been 10 days not and still no refund. Will give them the 14 days and hopefully will see a refund in my account.
They mentioned to me in the 3rd chat above that it could be as long as a month due to the volume. I honestly expect at least that considering their form so far. And then I'll probably phone/start a webchat and start the whole process all over again as they claim it never happened. Lucky there's a record here now.
You get what you pay for I guess.
I think they're good value for Max Bundles if you're looking to capitalise on points/SC, but when things go wrong, it makes you wonder why you bother. If they were even just a bit nicer with how they treat customers when things go wrong they could turn into an airline I'd choose consistently, but I guess then their bigger brother would miss out on my spend a lot more so it's in their interests to be awful ;)

What a battle with Jetstar to get a full refund. Here is my experience which may help others if they would rather a refund than the credit Jetstar are trying SO hard to push.
We had a Bali trip for 31st May and returning 8th June.
Jetstar cancelled the flight and offered a credit. I looked at it but they were only offering the trip over as a credit and not the return portion. Quite useless.
I checked ACCC's website and it informed me that businesses should really offer a refund if they can't offer something similar to what you originally purchased.
Jetstars website said "Ask Jess" Well it doesn't matter how many times I clicked Jess she wouldn't answer. There were no links anywhere or any mention anywhere for refunds. Even contact phone numbers where very hard to find.

I finally found a number and phoned Jetstar. I was on hold for 1.5 hours. The woman who finally took my call was pleasant enough but kept pushing me to accept the credit rather than a refund. After putting me on hold several times talking to supervisors she agreed to give me a refund. I asked for a reference or confirmation Email but was told they don't do that.
Ok feeling happy that I finally got the refund I was very surprised the next day to receive a email with a credit voucher for the amount in my name !! NOT a refund as agreed.
I once again phoned jetstar and sat on hold for another 1.5 hours. The new operator did everything to get me to accept this voucher. I told her that Jetstar had agreed they would refund it. She said she would have to listen to the Audio which she did for 10 minutes on further hold. On returning she said why cant you take the voucher instead. I said I couldn't travel in the next 6 months and just wanted a refund as promised. She wouldn't give up but I held my ground mentioning that maybe ACCC will help.
Anyway long story she finally gave in and said she would organize it within the next 14 days. She also gave me a case number for it. Several days later I recieved a email from my mate "Jess" informing me the case had been referred to there refund department and sorry for the delay. Well its been 10 days not and still no refund. Will give them the 14 days and hopefully will see a refund in my account.
Man what a long drawn out process. You get what you pay for I guess. Next trip to Bali when this Virus issue is over I will be seriously looking at other airlines. If you o want a refund for a flight that Jetstar cancelled then it may be worth the fight if they come through.

Just updating the results. It’s been 15 days and still no refund.
I phoned Jetstar for my 3rd time. The operator was nice enough and informed me the refund takes 14 business days so I’ll wait a bit longer.
good news is I think it will definitely happen so worth the battle.

In my case, I received two emails about the domestic flight still being on their "to do" list on April 14th and April 17th. Both emails were formatted slightly differently and from different addresses. Per the original time frame they gave me I'm not expecting anything to hit my account until next month, and nothing has as yet. No emails about the Vietnamese flight.

Screen_Shot_2020-04-25_at_1_19_10_pm.png

Screen_Shot_2020-04-25_at_1_19_27_pm.png

Did the refund eventuate?
Sad to say I STILL haven't got my promised refund!!
i did get an email from "Jess" as others have said saying I am now in there refund que. Is that supposed to make us feel better ?
So I guess I need to make another phone call - 4th it will be and I guess I will be on hold for another 1.5 hours.
Man they really know how to piss a customer off!

The Frequent Flyer Concierge team takes the hard work out of finding reward seat availability. Using their expert knowledge and specialised tools, they'll help you book a great trip that maximises the value for your points.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

i did get an email from "Jess" as others have said saying I am now in there refund que. Is that supposed to make us feel better ?
So I guess I need to make another phone call - 4th it will be and I guess I will be on hold for another 1.5 hours.
Man they really know how to piss a customer off!
Personally, I'd give them some more time. There has been an extraordinary volume of cancelled flights, credits and refunds. I was quoted up to 12 weeks for several refunds from Qatar – and they're full service!

Personally, I'd give them some more time.
As if they're reading my mind, I got this email this morning for one of my bookings (the less important one in my eyes – which probably means I'll still be fighting for the other one in a years time). It is as I expected, a very long process where they'll only let go of the money in a few weeks time!

Screen_Shot_2020-05-09_at_9_16_33_am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back