79 FF Points | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

79 FF Points

What is the lowest non zero point balance in your QFF account in the last 10 year?


  • Total voters
    212
Status
Not open for further replies.

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,098
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Last week I booked an award one way HKG-MEL flight using the current 20% special for 24,000pts.

I accessed my QFF membership details on Friday morning and, lo and behold, I had the grand total of 79 points. :shock:

I'm sure that's the lowest point balance I have had at any time in the last 10 years.

Aside from Family transfers exhausing the points from an account, what is the lowest balance you Frequent Flyers out there have had in the last 10 years?
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,533
Flights
My Map
Just over 2,000 points (but I haven't been below 200,000 for about 5 years now)
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
4,684 points for first SYD-BKK flight after joining QFFP in May 2003!

Over 150,000 points now and don't know how to spend them.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,098
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
4,684 points for first SYD-BKK flight after joining QFFP in May 2003!

Over 150,000 points now and don't know how to spend them.
FWIW, I have spent 168,000 points SINCE 1st June last year. These are for four one way journies in relation to the DONE4 I am currently enjoying. e.g. 50K to get to CMB to pick up ticket tickets and start.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
serfty said:
JohnK said:
4,684 points for first SYD-BKK flight after joining QFFP in May 2003!

Over 150,000 points now and don't know how to spend them.
FWIW, I have spent 168,000 points SINCE 1st June last year. These are for four one way journies in relation to the DONE4 I am currently enjoying. e.g. 50K to get to CMB to pick up ticket tickets and start.
That is good use of points if you have the time do it. Problem is I accumulate them faster than I can use them and even more so when I reach QF Gold in April.

I should start doing what others are doing on AFF and use points for business class upgrades. But... Business class is nice but I don't think I could part with 40,000 points upgrading SIN-MEL one way when an economy RTW is only 142,500 with 5 stopovers +taxes.

Decisions. Decisions.
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
300
JohnK said:
I should start doing what others are doing on AFF and use points for business class upgrades. But... Business class is nice but I don't think I could part with 40,000 points upgrading SIN-MEL one way when an economy RTW is only 142,500 with 5 stopovers +taxes.
Is that all an RTW is? I often wondered how many points it would take, but never actually asked anyone.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
Damien said:
JohnK said:
I should start doing what others are doing on AFF and use points for business class upgrades. But... Business class is nice but I don't think I could part with 40,000 points upgrading SIN-MEL one way when an economy RTW is only 142,500 with 5 stopovers +taxes.
Is that all an RTW is? I often wondered how many points it would take, but never actually asked anyone.
That is right! A oneworld RTW with 5 stopovers is 142,500 points +taxes.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,738
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
I should start doing what others are doing on AFF and use points for business class upgrades. But... Business class is nice but I don't think I could part with 40,000 points upgrading SIN-MEL one way when an economy RTW is only 142,500 with 5 stopovers +taxes.

Decisions. Decisions.
My sentiments completely JohnK 8) :roll: :wink:
 

bigjobs

Active Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
802
lowest points balance for me was 2000 points after my first return flight a few years ago (April 2003).

i now have half a million FF points and have spent 96,000 on a flight for my wife to LA and back and Bne - syd rtn for her also.

our plan is to save them up to about 600,000 and then go around the world business class on points.
 

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
I have never held any points in the QF FF program. Yet as your poll question asks:

"What is the lowest non zero point balance in your QFF account in the last 10 years"

I am excluded from the poll :( .
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,098
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
BlacKnox said:
I have never held any points in the QF FF program. Yet as your poll question asks:

"What is the lowest non zero point balance in your QFF account in the last 10 years"

I am excluded from the poll :( .
Guess what?

Originally, I had "Not a QFF Member" amongst a total of 15 options , but had to whittle these to 10 (one by one) as that appears to be the limit. :(
 

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
serfty said:
Guess what?

Originally, I had "Not a QFF Member" amongst a total of 15 options , but had to whittle these to 10 (one by one) as that appears to be the limit. :(
Pleased to hear us non QF FFs weren't totally forgotten about :D , eventhough it's a QF specific question.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
After my recent RTW booking on points and looking at my new QFF points balance I remembered this thread.

My new QFF points balance after the 140,000 points were deducted is 65 points!
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,098
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Yeah, Guess that 2,500 booking fee you avoided yesterday was an issue. :p

FWIW, I am hoping to spend 160,000 point over the next 5 days get myself and SWMBO into Skybeds ... reducing my cache by over 70% ...

140,000 point on a oneWORLD award - Good

160,000 points getting mrs & I into Skybeds - Priceless :p
 

Skyring

Established Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
2,790
Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
That is good use of points if you have the time do it. Problem is I accumulate them faster than I can use them and even more so when I reach QF Gold in April.

I should start doing what others are doing on AFF and use points for business class upgrades. But... Business class is nice but I don't think I could part with 40,000 points upgrading SIN-MEL one way when an economy RTW is only 142,500 with 5 stopovers +taxes.
Mmm, but it's 282,500 for a J RTW on points. In comparison, that's a bargain.
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
Ah yes the old J RTW using points. Good value.

With that many points I would rather do 2 RTW in Y (16 sectors, 5 stopovers) and visit more places. And I will get them to waive the booking fee as well. ;)
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
After my recent RTW booking on points and looking at my new QFF points balance I remembered this thread.

My new QFF points balance after the 140,000 points were deducted is 65 points!
My AA account was at -278 points for several months. AA allow Platinum members to overdraw their account for awards, which was jolly nice of them indeed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,298
Messages
2,079,787
Members
53,703
Latest member
prome03
Top