$75 Qantas fee to change bookings by phone

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Yada Yada, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    With all this cost cutting and fee charging, I'm guessing we must be overdue for a FF program downgrade! :mrgreen:

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Its been nearly a year now since the last changes kicked in. In the past, QF has always been kind enough to provide around 6 months notice for major changes (they don't need to give that notice according to their program terms and conditions). So that means the current conditions will be at least 18 months old, which should be plenty of time for QF to have fully evaluated how the last "enhancements" have worked, and for the customers to have forgotten the "good old days" :roll: .

3. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Very sneaky and clever way of introducing new fees. :shock:

4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Somewhat underhanded, especially if you don;t read conditions that closely. If you've read them before, something should prompt you that they have changed.

5. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hush your mouth. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

6. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I think its disgusting - because so many QF intl bookings can't be changed online.

7. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Finally someone let the cat out of the bag!

We are constantly encouraged to use the internet for all out bookings, domestic and international, so that QF is able to reduce call centre staff yet we cannot make but simple changes to international bookings on the internet but have to rely on using call centre to make changes. And then bingo.... $75 for every change thank you very much.