$75 Qantas fee to change bookings by phone | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

$75 Qantas fee to change bookings by phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yada Yada

Established Member
finance.news.com.au said:
$75 Qantas fee on phones
By Heath Aston
March 08, 2006

QANTAS will charge up to $75 to change international bookings by telephone as a way of driving more business on to the internet.

The reservation fee, to be introduced by Qantas (qan.ASX:Quote,News) on March 15, was savaged by pensioner groups yesterday.
They said most elderly people don't use the internet and cannot afford more charges for air travel.

<snip>

Insiders at Qantas (qan.ASX:Quote,News) say the new fee is aimed at slashing call centre jobs as the airline moves towards the business model of its successful online-focused offshoot Jetstar.

More...
With all this cost cutting and fee charging, I'm guessing we must be overdue for a FF program downgrade! :mrgreen:

NM

Flights
My Map
Yada Yada said:
With all this cost cutting and fee charging, I'm guessing we must be overdue for a FF program downgrade! :mrgreen:
Its been nearly a year now since the last changes kicked in. In the past, QF has always been kind enough to provide around 6 months notice for major changes (they don't need to give that notice according to their program terms and conditions). So that means the current conditions will be at least 18 months old, which should be plenty of time for QF to have fully evaluated how the last "enhancements" have worked, and for the customers to have forgotten the "good old days" :roll: .

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Yada Yada said:
The fee was not announced, but was slipped on to the Qantas website under a list of conditions
Very sneaky and clever way of introducing new fees. :shock:

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Yada Yada said:
The fee was not announced, but was slipped on to the Qantas website under a list of conditions
Somewhat underhanded, especially if you don;t read conditions that closely. If you've read them before, something should prompt you that they have changed.

straitman

Flights
My Map
Yada Yada said:
Hush your mouth. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

aus_flyer

Established Member
JohnK said:
Yada Yada said:
I think its disgusting - because so many QF intl bookings can't be changed online.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
odoherty said:
JohnK said:
Yada Yada said:
I think its disgusting - because so many QF intl bookings can't be changed online.
Finally someone let the cat out of the bag!

We are constantly encouraged to use the internet for all out bookings, domestic and international, so that QF is able to reduce call centre staff yet we cannot make but simple changes to international bookings on the internet but have to rely on using call centre to make changes. And then bingo.... $75 for every change thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenys King