747's Now on MEL to PER | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

747's Now on MEL to PER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Standby

Active Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
620
Just noticed that QF have added daily doulble 747-300's on MELPER.
I was trawling thru around footy finals time and found them but they seem to be using them in SEP and OCT.
With 747s already on SYDPER things are on the up from an onboard product perspective vs squishy 737s....hope they hang around a while
Also interesting QF have now introduced aircraft with things like seatback videos in Y class before DJ get their "pay perview" Foxtel in the air on the routes where DJ are most likely to get people willing to fork out it
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,647
Flights
My Map
Standby said:
Just noticed that QF have added daily doulble 747-300's on MELPER.
I was trawling thru around footy finals time and found them but they seem to be using them in SEP and OCT.
With 747s already on SYDPER things are on the up from an onboard product perspective vs squishy 737s....hope they hang around a while
Also interesting QF have now introduced aircraft with things like seatback videos in Y class before DJ get their "pay perview" Foxtel in the air on the routes where DJ are most likely to get people willing to fork out it
I would hope that they will be around for a while on this sector. Given the A332's are being removed and the 767's are smaller, uisng the 743's seemed like a good solution to fill in for the time being for the capacity they give.

They have popped un on the MEL-PER sectors before
 

aus_flyer

Established Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,361
Are the 743's that operate SYD-PER and MEL-PER 2-class config with Dreamtime seats in J?
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,253
Flights
My Map
Saw one at PER airport on Sat arvo and Sun night.

Definately 747-3's.

All 747-3's are 2 class, dreamtime combinations IIRC.
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,251
Flights
My Map
Mal said:
odoherty said:
Are the 743's that operate SYD-PER and MEL-PER 2-class config with Dreamtime seats in J?
Saw one at PER airport on Sat arvo and Sun night.

Definately 747-3's.

All 747-3's are 2 class, dreamtime combinations IIRC.
743's have been scheduled for a couple each way of the PER-SYD run since Daylight Saving Finished.

All Qantas 743's have Dreamtime seats in J; refurbished a year or two ago.
 

holdenvxman

Member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
151
Standby said:
Just noticed that QF have added daily doulble 747-300's on MELPER.
I was trawling thru around footy finals time and found them but they seem to be using them in SEP and OCT.
With 747s already on SYDPER things are on the up from an onboard product perspective vs squishy 737s....hope they hang around a while
Also interesting QF have now introduced aircraft with things like seatback videos in Y class before DJ get their "pay perview" Foxtel in the air on the routes where DJ are most likely to get people willing to fork out it
They only had them in use for the footy finals last year, was a once off, i suspect they may do the same this year
 

Standby

Active Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
620
Since original post..I have tracked down a source who indicated the 743's on PER could be here for some time ,not just the footy finals.;)
In fact I flew down to MEL last year from SYD to and from on a 744 operating for the AFL GF
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
349
That has been known for quite a while....

QF have nothing else big enough to fill the void left by the departure of the A330-200s later this year.

5 new 73Hs isn't enough for PER-MEL/SYD and replacing 734s off to Jetconnect.

Cheers
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,647
Flights
My Map
holdenvxman said:
They only had them in use for the footy finals last year, was a once off, i suspect they may do the same this year
There have been 743's on the MEL-PER route at other times as well. I know, I have flown them.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,788
Flights
My Map
oz_mark said:
There have been 743's on the MEL-PER route at other times as well. I know, I have flown them.
And I once flew a 747-SP on that route :).
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,647
Flights
My Map
NM said:
And I once flew a 747-SP on that route :).
Never flew on the 747-SP. Did see them at Perth airport a few times, but always flying somewhere else to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,192
Messages
1,871,444
Members
49,022
Latest member
Bogdanov Family
Top