500 mile upgrades - what to do with them? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

500 mile upgrades - what to do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ737

Hi there

I have 4x500 mile upgrades in my AAdvantage account, and they are about as useful to me as an ashtray on a motorbike, can i transfer them to another member who could use them? (Don't want anything for them) , and do these things expire?

Cheers
DJ737

simongr

Enthusiast
I believe as a non-US resident you can convert them to miles.

Dave Noble

You cannot transfer them, however you can convert them to miles at a rate of 4 UCs = 2000 miles

Dave

DJ737

Hi there

Thanks for the responses, I take it that I just have call the non-existant plat desk to arrange the "trade-in" ?

Cheers
DJ737

Dave Noble

DJ737 said:
Hi there

Thanks for the responses, I take it that I just have call the non-existant plat desk to arrange the "trade-in" ?

Cheers
DJ737
Umm... How would you call an non existent desk? Just phone the AAdvantage Customer service number in the US and you should be able to do it

Dave

serfty

Flights
My Map
Dave Noble said:
DJ737 said:
Hi there

Cheers
DJ737
Umm... How would you call an non existent desk? Just phone the AAdvantage Customer service number in the US and you should be able to do it

Dave
Methinks DJ737 is referring to the myth of an AAdvantage desk for its PLAT members. There is a 'desk' for EXP, but PLAT simply get a priority slot in the normal AA telephone queues by calling a special 'PLAT' number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesleyfina