Card Promotions 180k Altitude Points for Black Mastercard - only received 150k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr H

Established Member
So I signed up for a black Attitude Mastercard on the promise of 180k points. Just need to spend $6k. Great - lined up nicely with the KF 15% promotion. I received the card, spent the 6k, but only got 150k Attitude points. Bummer. I have requested immediate closure of the card - if Westpac can't honour a sign up bonus what hope do I have for good service on an ongoing basis?

As long as you have proof of that being what you signed up for, raise a complaint that they have not met the contractually agreed terms and request the 30k points, a full refund of the annual fee and some level of cash or points compensation. If their frontline customer service don’t help, request for it to be escalated to the customer experience department.

As long as you have proof of that being what you signed up for, raise a complaint that they have not met the contractually agreed terms and request the 30k points, a full refund of the annual fee and some level of cash or points compensation. If their frontline customer service don’t help, request for it to be escalated to the customer experience department.
Sadly you never get proof of what you sign up for. In this case, I got the card, spent the required $6,000, got most of the promised points, cashed them out, and closed the account before the annual fee was levied. All done within 18 days of my online application.

Feel for you @Mr H. I had a similar experience which ended up in my favour simply because I managed to screenshot the entire app which I don't normally do but this particular time I figured if I did so I'd have a handy reference for later applications.

I'd applied for a QFF Premier card from Citi and they had changed the offer after I applied to a lower bonus and one that was split by a year to retain customers for longer.

The onus was on me to prove it apparently (despite their having my date of application) but my screenshots had all the detail and not only did I get my full bonus, their system paid me the 12 month bonus too (the CSM tipped me off that this would likely happen so I decided to keep it)

I get this probably feels like rubbing salt into the wound but I was lucky in this instance and I remind myself to do the same going forward because Citi were absolutely not suggesting they would have helped me out otherwise

Reactions: DC3
It's not all bad. I have 60,000 KrisFlyer points for literally nothing thanks to their bonus 15%.

Sadly you never get proof of what you sign up for.
All you need to have done was screen shot the offer. If your serious about churning you do this everytime without fail.

There have been a number of times I haven't got what was promised. A short note to them with your evidence will get you the original offer honoured. Then you do a deal for compensation for wasting your time.

All you need to have done was screen shot the offer. If your serious about churning you do this everytime without fail.

There have been a number of times I haven't got what was promised. A short note to them with your evidence will get you the original offer honoured. Then you do a deal for compensation for wasting your time.
Live and learn. There was me patting myself on the back for getting three cards in November.

It’s still running now and the offer terms clearly include your dates. Screenshot that. Closing the card shouldn’t preclude you from making a complaint for the missing points.

Not to threadjack but this seems related...

Looking for some reassurance that it's perfectly safe to hit your spend and pay it off before first statement even closes. Or best to let closing statement reflect the balance and then pay it off?

Looking for some reassurance that it's perfectly safe to hit your spend and pay it off before first statement even closes. Or best to let closing statement reflect the balance and then pay it off?

For this card, but not for all cards, the reward points including sign-up bonus points (well, most of them) are available as soon as the spend is registered. You can immediately cash in the reward points, pay off the balance and close the card well before the first statement is issued.

I
For this card, but not for all cards, the reward points including sign-up bonus points (well, most of them) are available as soon as the spend is registered. You can immediately cash in the reward points, pay off the balance and close the card well before the first statement is issued.
Is this true for the Westpac qantas platinum as well ? Where can I view points accumulated ?

I

Is this true for the Westpac qantas platinum as well ? Where can I view points accumulated ?
I doubt it. I have never held the Westpac Qantas Platinum card, but it seems to be a universal feature of the Qantas earning cards that they earn QF points and these are sent to QF accounts automatically on the statement date. You do not hold a balance of Westpac points that you can access/convert when you want.

I doubt it. I have never held the Westpac Qantas Platinum card, but it seems to be a universal feature of the Qantas earning cards that they earn QF points and these are sent to QF accounts automatically on the statement date. You do not hold a balance of Westpac points that you can access/convert when you want.
Thanks . But what the go with earning the sign up points as soon as spend was met ? I was informed that I needed to wait for entire 90 day period for qff points to be credited .

Thanks . But what the go with earning the sign up points as soon as spend was met ? I was informed that I needed to wait for entire 90 day period for qff points to be credited .
No idea for Westpac but for every QF earning card I have had with other banks, the points have been on the statement immediately following the spend target being reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back