1 QANTAS FF per $1 spent on VISA or MCard | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1 QANTAS FF per $1 spent on VISA or MCard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmiles.au

Hi All, CBA is post 1FEB10 reducing QF FF points from MCard and Visa to 0.5points per $1 spent. I am looking for a VISA or MCard where I can earn a minimum of 1 QF Frequent Flyer point per $1 spent on the card with a low annual fee (under $125).
Does anyone know of a card?
:confused:
I currently use the AMEX ULT QANTAS to earn 1.5 points per $1 + a bonus point per $1 is booked threw QANTAS website service.

WA flyer

Flights
My Map
I currently use the AMEX ULT QANTAS to earn 1.5 points per $1 + a bonus point per $1 is booked threw QANTAS website service.[/quote]

But that's not a Visa/MC is it?

Maybe get the Citibank Plat, pays 1:1.
I'm not sure what the annual charge is as I have a "free for life" one!

ajmiles.au

I currently use the AMEX ULT QANTAS to earn 1.5 points per $1 + a bonus point per $1 is booked threw QANTAS website service.

I'm not sure what the annual charge is as I have a "free for life" one![/QUOTE]

"free for life" on annual charge! How did you get that?
:confused::?:

wxxnxs

I'm not sure what the annual charge is as I have a "free for life" one!

"free for life" on annual charge! How did you get that?
:confused::?:[/quote]

"fee free for life" is no longer avaiable anymore and will never ever come back. The annual fee currently is $250+$19. There is no visa/mc gives you 1:1 plus the fee is also under $125.

Jeffrey O'Neill

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
you have a couple of options.

you can go with the Card Service Gold card - mainly provided by 2nd tier banks and credit unions. Is basically a repackaged Citibank Gold card

check out Suncorp

another option for $130 a year is the Citibusiness Gold card that gives 1.25 points / $. I moved to this card when the whole direct earn crap started.

You need to call to transfer your points to QFF - last time i did this the points were in my QFF account the next day. The good thing is you can also use the points with SQ and DJ

Apart from those 2 cards I don't really know any that give 1:1 for non Amex cards.

WA flyer

Flights
My Map
another option for $130 a year is the Citibusiness Gold card that gives 1.25 points / $. I moved to this card when the whole direct earn crap started.
This could be a good option although it is capped at 60k.

I'm still trying to decide on my own future useage. I've been busy with the Westpac QFF & Krisflyer 3:1 and the current CBA one over the past14 months.

The Krisflyer at 1:1 is un-capped but the points must be used within 3 years and with the Citibank Plat (120k cap) i'm reluctant to transfer to Krisflyer or Velocity at 0.66:1.

Snowy56

Just learned today that Qantas Frequent Flyer Visa is now only offering 1 point for every $2 spent. This was effective 13JAN10 WITHOUT NOTICE.

:mad:

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
ok, ill bite and ask another question

does anybody know of a credit card with 1:1, visa or master card with no fees, with 55days interest free,

can be any bank , low limits etc.

i currently have the AMEX+MC from CBA and they have reduced their ratio to 0.5 points per $ for the plat card which is unacceptable,

I have a family members sub card for a plat visa Citibank 1:1, fee free for life,

obviously the offer is not avaialble but ideally I would like my own one...

or am I dreamin'

wxxnxs

ok, ill bite and ask another question

does anybody know of a credit card with 1:1, visa or master card with no fees, with 55days interest free,

can be any bank , low limits etc.

i currently have the AMEX+MC from CBA and they have reduced their ratio to 0.5 points per $ for the plat card which is unacceptable,

I have a family members sub card for a plat visa Citibank 1:1, fee free for life,

obviously the offer is not avaialble but ideally I would like my own one...

or am I dreamin'
I have to say you are dreamin in the current credit card market, but if you are a huge spender on the credit card, you can always negotiate the fee with your bank but I can not see any cards offering 1:1 ratio so far except citi business card but it comes with annual fee.

lopes2017

Citibank Emirates Platinum mastercard gives you 1.5 reward points per dollar spent. Must be the best earning card for FF points

Citibank

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vicki Angela