Worth upgrading to business EK BNE-SIN? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Worth upgrading to business EK BNE-SIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jleno

Hi

EK have just offered an upgrade from Y to J for $245 for BNE-SIN one way. Anyone have a view whether this service/plane is worth the upgrade? I know if it was a QF SYD-SIN I wouldn't bother.

K

opusman

Hi

EK have just offered an upgrade from Y to J for $245 for BNE-SIN one way. Anyone have a view whether this service/plane is worth the upgrade? I know if it was a QF SYD-SIN I wouldn't bother.

K
Seems like a good deal, is it a daytime flight?

Jleno

Shame QF never offers this although J on SYD-SIN is pretty ordinary.

Wonder if EK would have made this upgrade offer if the flight was booked on QF ticket rather than EK directly.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Yes. And for that sort of price I would definitely take in on QF SYD-SIN and vice versa on the condition that I was not downgraded back to economy.

dajop

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Yes. And for that sort of price I would definitely take in on QF SYD-SIN and vice versa on the condition that I was not downgraded back to economy.
:D

At least if you were it would be easy to work out how much to refund!

Definitely a good deal though, nice to have a good seat to relax and try to sleep in leaving at 02:35 (or 00:35 if you adopt destination time!).

Spongbob

Established Member
If EK were selling business seats at the Y fare plus $245, I would think it a bargain (even if only earning Y points & miles).

JohnK

Veteran Member
:D

At least if you were it would be easy to work out how much to refund!

Definitely a good deal though, nice to have a good seat to relax and try to sleep in leaving at 02:35 (or 00:35 if you adopt destination time!).
LOL. I am sure Qantas would find a way for me to owe them money in that situation after the downgrade.

Tralfaz2013

Hi

K
Absolutely, without more than a second to think. $245 for the upgrade on any international flight over three hours is a good deal. I travelled J-class SYD-SIN on QF31 on the A380 and it was sensational. It cost a load more than a Y fare plus $245. As a middle of the night departure, it could be the A380 with EK and you will get some better sleep than in Y. Just do it!!

bigfoot786

Yes go for it!

Not only is it a good price, you will also get lounge access if you don't already have it via status.

Jleno

Done. Sounds like an overwhelming yes.

If only QF offers these upgrades, I'd consider booking them next time (same plane anyway).

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

JohnK

Veteran Member
If only QF offers these upgrades, I'd consider booking them next time (same plane anyway).
But then they'd sell one too many upgrades and the person would then have to he downgraded and pay more because full economy is more expensive. And some on AFF wouldn't really call it a downgrade as you end up back in your original cabin and should be greatful you have had the privilige to he screwed by Qantas.

Let's not open the paid upgrade can of worms until we are sure customers won't be inconvenienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggy1