Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Worse than feet on bulkheads

Flying Fox

Established Member
If you thought bare feet on bulkheads was gross; you might up-chuck at this!

Its totally disgusting -

United Airlines passenger uses foot to change cabin dial on plane | News.com.au

Exception - OK I'm assuming here that the person had two perfectly well functioning arms.

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Devils advocate: perhaps he had a messy meal and his fingers were covered in greasy food... his foot could perhaps be cleaner in this scenario. That said, eww! :p

mannej

Solutions
It's like people have not been taught the basics of how to behave in the company of others.

It is only going to get worse as these knuckleheads are the ones procreating.

Yet there are others who suggest behaviour such as this is fine.:oops:

jetlagger

Established Member

jetlagger

Established Member
Aren't the ones that behave this way the ones that say this type of behaviour is OK?

IMO.. It is never ok on any shared transport mode.
I do comment nowadays on morons exhibiting this kind of disgraceful behaviour.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

BobbyFlyer

One consideration is that they could have been born with "bi- lateral upper limb amelia" (ie. no arms)....then i'm just thinking how they got their sock off....:confused:

Flying Fox

Established Member
Well if that's all it takes; looks like you won't be flying QF F either :)

Some people have no class.

maninblack

Established Member
ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1411043362.714285.jpg

How about this little performance in the Oneworld lounge at LAX a few weeks ago, up on the coffee table for half an hour or more and she was traveling in F.

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
Forgetting the visual grossness of bare feet in odd positions for one moment, I'm not sure which would be worse, someone putting the feet on a tray table (as pictured in one of the links), or given the hygiene practices of some, putting their hands on a tray table. Most people don't use their feet to wipe themselves with toilet paper after a "number 2" visit to the toilet, but do with their hands. And studies have shown people don't always wash their hands after visiting the toilet. So I guess it depends on where said feet have trodden when out of their shoes.

Fantic125

Established Member
Interestingly not long after starting to read this thread a few weeks ago, I had a ADL-SYD flight (VA401, 4/9/14) and a guy walked up to the gate wearing a suit and thongs.

Had a closer look and he had rudimentary hands and fingers; enough to carry a bag but not enough to do anything dextrous with them.

He sat down at one of the chair rows near the gate, kicked off the thongs, unzipped the bag, pulled out a sheaf of papers, put them on the ground and flicked through them until he got to the ones he needed, picked them up and started reading. All with his toes.

Boarding called, papers went back in order, back into the bag, and thongs back on. Didn't see him after that, but I was pretty impressed with his foot/toe dexterity.

Based on what I saw, I reevaluated my initial indignant reaction to the photo in the first post...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pdutton