Woolworths Qantas card now offers 20,000 QFF [Ends 30/4/13] points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very tempted, but my fee free Citibank Plat CC earning with KF points seems to be more value after taking into points required for awards. Now if they throw in 1st year fee free ....

The Woolworths card does have an annual fee ($89) - is that correct?

0.44 cents per point = not a bad deal.

opusman- Can you outline how you calculate the cents per points? I have seen these calculations on other threads and have no idea what they mean.

I am of the thinking that $1= $1point on this credit card?

Cheers

Calculation of the points $89 fee divided by the 20,000 points = 0.0044 the future use is normally $1:1p depending on the bonus

Anyone know if you cancel before 1 year whether the $89 annual fee is refunded pro-rata?

Good bonus to have

Just be prepared to answer their 3-4 phone calls checking your ID etc...., plus requests for tax returns

I was prepared to put up with those but my +1 gave up after they kept interrupting her at work asking for the same info......

Now, you have to identify yourself each time they call (mother's names etc...) before they start the questioning too

Of my 6 CCs, this card is up there with (a) low limits and (b) coughbersome screening procedures.

Westpac is cleanest IME (I do have Citi Select but its procedures are way less convoluted than WOW EDR).

The $89 and the 1:1 tempted me to put up with all that but some others may not (esp if you don't want to take personal phone calls during office hours).

Good bonus to have

Just be prepared to answer their 3-4 phone calls checking your ID etc...., plus requests for tax returns

I was prepared to put up with those but my +1 gave up after they kept interrupting her at work asking for the same info......

Now, you have to identify yourself each time they call (mother's names etc...) before they start the questioning too

Of my 6 CCs, this card is up there with (a) low limits and (b) coughbersome screening procedures.

Westpac is cleanest IME (I do have Citi Select but its procedures are way less convoluted than WOW EDR).

The $89 and the 1:1 tempted me to put up with all that but some others may not (esp if you don't want to take personal phone calls during office hours).

I have just had the same problem. They lost my first docs and the screening process has been going on now for about 3-4 weeks. I started when it was just a 15K sweetener so I won't even get the 20K pts IF I am approved. I even started to feel as if I was guilty of something because they called so often and it took so long on the phone whilst HSBC expressing their dissatisfaction w' my perfectly adequate docs showing my perfectly adequate income.

There's a previous question on the table about cancelling < to year 1 - anyone done that as yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied for this card 2 weeks ago, and waited patiently for a phone call but did not get one. A week later the card arrived in the post:confused:....so no ID check, income verification etc. I wonder if being a HSBC account holder made any difference, but I did not mention that on the application.

I applied for this card 2 weeks ago, and waited patiently for a phone call but did not get one. A week later the card arrived in the post:confused:....so no ID check, income verification etc. I wonder if being a HSBC account holder made any difference, but I did not mention that on the application.

Wish I could have such luck, you'll have to tell me what figures you used when filling in the form ;)

After a few months if you try and cancel they will offer you 1000 points to stay, better than nothing!

I was, thanks! Not for any reason (was happy with the 16k pts) apart from sheer laziness. Cheers for the link! Few more months and I should have enough for another 2 x OneWorld Exporer RTWs. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.

With this and an Amex the OH and I will be in the same boat

I applied over the weekend and am waiting for the intrusive phone calls. My wallet is overflowing with cards but have to grab those points where you can since ATO & utility payments are becoming such a headache on so many cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back