Win with OLCI!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Flashback, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Flashback

Flashback Senior Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Pretty easy to miss since it was posted in the middle of this thread

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Do people actually have interest in such competitions and adjust their patterns to enter? The odds on winning on QF competitions like this are so low that I wouldn't change my practices based on the competition.

Dave

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I would not adjust patterns as a result of a competition. But would not hesitate to enter if eligible.

5. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Right on...

6. Flashback

Flashback Senior Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Really? Damn.. my bad! I've used OLCI maybe 12 times or so since it launched, and that's the first time the ad was posted on my ticket!

And no, I wouldn't change plans to suit - if the competitions happen to fall on a time that I travel, then so be it :)

7. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I also agree. Have thought the same thing. But are the competitions about getting people to travel on Qantas? Or are they about collecting some website revenue from advertisers, oops I mean competition sponsors?

8. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    I think the odds on winning a notebook are a lot better than a car as in past promotions, after all you have to check in online as well as register rather than just register and your flight qualifies. I am not seeing that many online checkin boarding passes so I suspect maybe each flight might only have a maximum of 10-20 people that qualify for the draw. Having 200 prizes obviously helps the odds as well, I have used OLCI since it opened up so I consider it a bonus - could be lucky.....!

9. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I don't think anyone would actually adjust their flying patterns just to enter a competition unless they were already planning a SC run.

I am flying Saturday and Wednesday and will use OLCI for both flights but also register for the competition. Costs nothing to register and the reward, if successful, is worth it.

10. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I am guessing that many people, like me, use OLCI but cannot, don't, print a boarding pass and collect the boarding pass at the airport.

11. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    One can OLCI without printing a BP.

One can also re-investigate OLCI for a flight already OLCI'd.

One can change their previously OLCI's seat (AKA select a different seat).

One who has QP access can printout their OLCI BP at most QP equiped aerodromes in Oz.

12. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Don't worry about it Flashware, you did nothing wrong.

Thanks for posting the link I had totally forgotten about it. It was posted over a week ago and is post #234 in a 256 post, and growing, thread!