Why Harvey World Travel cannot book Business class Thai dom

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by one9, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Hi,

I recently called Harvey World Travel National Bank Rewards to book a Thai domestic flight with Thai Airlines from BKK to Chaing Rai. Before I called I checked zuji and saw that there were business and economy class seats available.

When I called Harvey Travel to book the flight, they told me that they only had access to economy flights for domestic services with Thai airlines.
    Advertisement

Why is this?

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hmmm.

Yeah, a fare does seem to exist in Business class.

Did you specify a particular date? Maybe availability isn't there for the date.

Maybe the agent doesn't understand that C Class is Business and instead was looking for J?

Maybe the agent didn't look hard enough for the fares?

Maybe it's an issue with the particular GDS they use?

Maybe call back and ask that you be booked into the C Fare Basis.

3. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    Because Harvey World Travel are useless and totally incompetent? Honestly I don't know. Perhaps see if they'll use a different booking agent (though I doubt they will without charging an inflated fee) or book directly with the airline.

TG business can be bought online (at www.thaiairways.com for only a little more than domestic, but if you want to use reward points you mightn't be able to do that