Who else still holds the Citibank Free For Life Premier Card?

one9

Qantas
Silver Club
Virgin
Red
Hi,

I still hold the Citibank free for life card from ages ago - it has been upgraded over the years and is currently a Citibank Word Premier Mastercard. Its reward program is not very good, and I only use it for certain small spending (under $20k per year).

Recently I applied for a Citibank card that had a $500 gift card promo signup offer and I was declined. I can't remember the last time I was declined for a card. It could be due to a number of reasons which I would only be guessing (two other premium cards open with not enough income, or Citibank can see my history that I pay my balance in full each month so don't want to waste $500 on me, etc.)

I am thinking that it may not be worth it holding this card as it provides so little benefits and it stays on my credit file as an open credit account which will reduce my chance of success when trying to take advantage of sign-up offers by churning through other cards. I already reduced the limit to the minimum $15,000.

Who else still holds this card? To those who do, do you regularly open and close credit cards to take advantage of sign up offers? Does the priority pass membership make the card worth keeping on your credit file?

Who else still holds this card? To those who do, do you regularly open and close credit cards to take advantage of sign up offers?
I do, and now it's my primary card. BC (Before COVID), I used to be a regular churner for sign-up bonuses, but now I've given up chasing points.

Same here. I keep this Citi Premier FFFL card for the Priority Pass access and also not the worst points earn card.

I get little benefit from the Priority Pass (haven't used it in years) and the points earning is much worse than my other paid cards, but I am reluctant to close it as I have held it for so long. I guess I won't apply for any other Citibank cards with sign up offers whilst I still hold the card.

Got rid of my card and my wife’s Citi free card a few weeks ago. Hadn’t used either of them in years and on re financing our home loan, the bank suggested we cancel them to secure the loan.

Also sick of paying the qantas fee each year on both cards.
Cheers

i lost my 2 during a home loan application and they refused to reinstate them. best keep card limits to the minimum if you want to increase your chances of churning. wife has been charged $395 annual fee after the visa to mc change. she never had to pay an annual fee before and got it many years ago as a citigold client but no longer has the status and we had asked to have the no annual fee for life status applied to both platinum and signature accounts in 2016 but looks like they didnt do it for both cards. we will have to fight them on this one or request they transfer the credit limit over to the platinum card that has no annual fee for life and upgrade that one to a premier card but not sure it they will allow it? if all fails ill request to change it to the

Citi Simplicity® card that has no annual fee​

i lost my 2 during a home loan application and they refused to reinstate them. best keep card limits to the minimum if you want to increase your chances of churning. wife has been charged $395 annual fee after the visa to mc change. she never had to pay an annual fee before and got it many years ago as a citigold client but no longer has the status and we had asked to have the no annual fee for life status applied to both platinum and signature accounts in 2016 but looks like they didnt do it for both cards. we will have to fight them on this one or request they transfer the credit limit over to the platinum card that has no annual fee for life and upgrade that one to a premier card but not sure it they will allow it? if all fails ill request to change it to the

Citi Simplicity® card that has no annual fee​

From Citi's current website it seems they've got rid of the 'signature' level product.

I have it still and I'm enjoying the recent quickcash and supp card promos. And with the way that VA lounges are heading the priority pass is handy too so I might look at options to expand that.

I just cancelled mine this month to boost a home refinance application. It's been good over the years, but the points earn became pretty rude and PP was never much use to me.
I think I might try the churn game now, so not having it on the books helps.

The Citi website no longer lists the Premier card as one which is available for new applicants. Anyone have any insight on how long Citi supports card types it no longer offers?

It does smell like it might be fee free for the life of the card program, not the life of the holder.

Ive had the FFL Signature now Premier visa card for a long bloody time. Its my primary card there are no fee,s and occasionally I get promos for E vouchers if I spend a certain amount which is nice. But if they start changing a annual fee Ill drop it like a hot steaming turd.

The Citi website no longer lists the Premier card as one which is available for new applicants. Anyone have any insight on how long Citi supports card types it no longer offers?

It does smell like it might be fee free for the life of the card program, not the life of the holder.
If they can upgrade me to an FFFL Prestige card, I'd be fine with that!

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back