Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

which OneWorld FF program to join??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm

Newbie
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
1
I have booked a round the orld ticket with One World but have not joined a FF program yet. I notice that some of the partner airlines offer free membership while others (like Qantas) charge a fee.

Is there any disadvantage to joining a program like Cathay's? ...and does anyone have advice on which One World partner's FF program is the best?
 

Rossmurdoch

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2002
Messages
43
If you are an occasional flyer who does not expect to get status bonuses with Qantas, Asia Miles is a good choice if you don't want to pay a joining fee. Remember that you are unlikley to be able to tie your AUD credit cards into the program.
 
Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
S

shillard

Guest
sm said:
I have booked a round the orld ticket with One World but have not joined a FF program yet. I notice that some of the partner airlines offer free membership while others (like Qantas) charge a fee.

Is there any disadvantage to joining a program like Cathay's? ...and does anyone have advice on which One World partner's FF program is the best?
Amazing, you'll spend $2K or more on plane tickets, but baulk at $60 for a FF programme fee......

QF offers the best programme in the world, not just in OneWorld, particularly if you dish out for QF Club membership. You'll get full points and status credits for all OneWorld flights with QF membership - something you DON'T get with BA.

If you do achieve Elite (Gold or Platinum) status with QF, you will also get complimentary lounge access - no such luck with AA.
 

dajop

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
11,373
Flights
My Map
shillard said:
QF offers the best programme in the world, not just in OneWorld, particularly if you dish out for QF Club membership. You'll get full points and status credits for all OneWorld flights with QF membership - something you DON'T get with BA.

If you do achieve Elite (Gold or Platinum) status with QF, you will also get complimentary lounge access - no such luck with AA.
Totally agree.

Even if you only fly occasionally and have no hope of reaching Gold or Platinum (or even Silver), if you live in Australia you'd be mad to consider anything else. The redemption "bar" starts at a mere 3,000 points for one-way upgrades, or 20,000 points for return domestic flights. This probably makes it easier to achieve awards. And provided you do not want to fly at peak times of the day or peak times of the year, usually you can find a redemption seat.
 

icemann

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
268
If you have an overseas address, (NOT NZ), you can skip the one time payment of $60-70 for the joining fee. I know people who have done that because they had an overseas address and they frequently travel back home on business.
 

wleong

Intern
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
87
Flights
My Map
The best time to get free membership was last year when the ANZ Telstra Visa was closing down and replaced by the ANZ Qantas Visa card. If you were holding onto the Telstra Visa card (or applied for one before the cut off date) and you did not have a FF account, you would have got one for free. It took them (Bank/Qantas) around 8 months before they set up the account and transferred the points over.
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,717
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
So sm, have you taken the flight yet?? Which program did you join?? What do you think now of the benefits you got??

(Edited due to poor proof reading)
 
S

shillard

Guest
Lindsay Wilson said:
So sm, have you taken the flight yet?? Which program did you join?? What do you think now of the benefits you got??

(Edited due to poor proof reading)
I thought poor proof reading usually showed up as paw poof reading?
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,717
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Scott, if I was using a spell checker :) - sometimes my typing leaves a little to be desired...
 

thadocta

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
757
You and NM have a LOT in common - both WP, both in BrisVegas, both extremely poor spellers.

Dave
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,717
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
But Dave I don't use a spell checker here, but my trping leaves a little to be desired. Hey, I don't claim to be perfect (Mrs LW is, so is my mum!!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,457
Messages
2,091,358
Members
53,812
Latest member
somenameforthissite
Top