Answered - Where to transfer my Citibank half a mil point to? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Where to transfer my Citibank half a mil point to?

soggybrain

Hi Guys,

I have over 450,ooo points on Citibank. So far what I know is Velocity is the best value point-to-point, as it only need 2.5 citibank point to convert to a point. Whereas Emirates and SIA needs 3. The problem is Velocity needs to be at least Gold tier before I can upgrade.

I am getting tired of Citibank constant changing and my point worth diluted endlessly. So I am thinking to fully transfer my point to either of these.

I would like to find out;
1) Which of the three would you recommend to transfer to?
2) I am only keen to use it on travel, on upgrade to business or buy a business ticket.
3) Which of the credit card that I should stick to to continue earning the point to redeem for upgrades and business class tickets.

Chicken

No one can really answer this question for you, because you are the one who needs to decide which airline you fly with. It would be better with VA if you fly to HKG, but it would be better with SQ if you fly to Singapore / Malay

coolstepslg

can one still just call up and book the flight through citi travel dept they used to match points and price ? it may be a better and cheaper option than transferring points. transfer to krisflyer is better than va less tax i heard.

Chicken

can one still just call up and book the flight through citi travel dept they used to match points and price ? it may be a better and cheaper option than transferring points. transfer to krisflyer is better than va less tax i heard.
Why call up? Do you need to price match?

I am going to Uluru in June, and I need rental car. The most expensive method is booking direct, then booking via Ayers Rock Resort, then Citi being the cheapest.

I think you would be crazy to book flight directly using your Citi points.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s.worsthorne