Where are my points AMEX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limewood

Established Member
Signed up to Amex 75,000 free FF points card promo last December, received card January 2011, I've been asking where are my free 75K points since, had various answers since Feb, now they say another 24/48hrs needed, its pretty simple to solve, but maybe its too much for them to handle!.

I applied and received the platinum charge card in November using the 75,000 platinum wish promotion.

I called up today to find out when the 75,000 points would be credited to my account and was told it was 6-8 weeks from the closing date of the promotion given as 31st March 2011. The customer service rep said that the allocation of the 75,000 points would be done at the same time for all applicants.

So far I'm pretty happy with the card and it's benefits. :)

Will be interested to see if you get the points in in the next few days. If you do it looks as though I may be following up with Amex.

Signed up to Amex 75,000 free FF points card promo last December, received card January 2011, I've been asking where are my free 75K points since, had various answers since Feb, now they say another 24/48hrs needed, its pretty simple to solve, but maybe its too much for them to handle!.
I'm in the same situation. When I rang AMEX last week, I was told that I need to wait 7-10 business days whilst they investigate...with the 5 day w/e coming up, who knows when I will get my pts!! :evil::evil::evil:

NOT GOOD ENOUGH AMEX!!!!

I'm in the same situation. When I rang AMEX last week, I was told that I need to wait 7-10 business days whilst they investigate...with the 5 day w/e coming up, who knows when I will get my pts!! :evil::evil::evil:

75K pts finally posted today:)....the Q is do I renew in Jan 2012?:idea:

with so many promotions these sort of things should be seamless... i'm not sure what their problem is...

In saying that I feel that they are about 1,000,000 times better than Citi

kpc has spurred me into action. :)

I called Amex again today to locate the whereabouts of my 75,000 points. I spoke to a delightful lady who set off to find "our" points.

After establishing the offer I signed up to she stated that the points are allocated 6-8 weeks after the offer closes. This time I pointed out the exact wording of the offer and she commented that she had just spoken to someone else who had told her the same. (8-10 weeks after meeting the benchmark - 2 months and a $500 spend)

After checking to see if they had been allocated, they hadn't, she put a request in to whatever department deals with this to find out where they were.

This, worst case scenario, will take 10 days, but she assured me it would probably be less. She took the best number to call me on, my mobile, and promised me a call back as soon as "we" had found "our" points.

I'm in no great need of the points and I won't be following up within 10 days. I'll follow the process and document every stage. I hate it when big companies fail to deliver what they are obliged to by their own terms and conditions.

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd report back on my points.

The 75,000 points posted today! :)

So I guess the advice is phone Amex as soon as you have met the criteria.

I saw that Citi comment.
The show that covers Citi is "Waiting For Godot " as Godot does not turn up!
Amex for me have been spot on and I have run it since 1979 in different colours.
Citi is one of the harder ones to get running and I think my Citi Kris card will deliver a bountiful harvest at the second month statement in 5 days time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back