When are reward points credited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Established Member
Hi there

I've had my Citibank Gold (fee free for life) for close to two months now, but when I log into internet banking, the points balance shows as zero.

And yes, I've paid off the first month's statement in full.

So when can I expect to see the points on the account?

Thanks.

Mmmm... not looking good.

I just logged into internet banking, under Rewards, it says my card is not eligible for Citibank Rewards... :confused: :confused: :confused:

kyle said:
Hi there

I've had my Citibank Gold (fee free for life) for close to two months now, but when I log into internet banking, the points balance shows as zero.

And yes, I've paid off the first month's statement in full.

So when can I expect to see the points on the account?

Thanks.
I think there is a problem with the website...unlike other FF credit card schemes, you get the points when your purchases appear on your statement not when you pay off you balance:mrgreen:
kyle said:

I just logged into internet banking, under Rewards, it says my card is not eligible for Citibank Rewards... :confused: :confused: :confused:
As above, I think there is a website problem at present!

Have you tried looking on your statement??

ie open the PDF of your statement.

I joined on the free for life promotion and each and everyone of my PDF statements has the points on it on the first page just under the $$$ amounts
ie

Summary of your Reward points since last Statement

Opening Points Balance 11039 Base PointsEarned 4405 Bonus PointsEarned 0 PointsRedeemed 0 PointsAvailable 15444

Hope this helps.​

kyle said:

Indeed it's not looking good. I had about 13,000 points last week and now get the same message. "Your card is not eligible for rewards". hopefully it's a short term glitch otherwise I guess it'll be more frustrating phone calls *sigh*.

On my first statement, there's no mention of any reward points anywhere. :(

ColinP said:
Indeed it's not looking good. I had about 13,000 points last week and now get the same message. "Your card is not eligible for rewards". hopefully it's a short term glitch otherwise I guess it'll be more frustrating phone calls *sigh*.

Hi...yes I see that on the Website too....but when I look at the PDF of the statement...from the same website....my points are all there.

kyle said:
On my first statement, there's no mention of any reward points anywhere. :(
On my first statement:

Summary of your Reward points since last Statement
Opening Points Balance 0 Base Points Earned 296 Bonus Points Earned 0 PointsRedeemed 0 Points Available 296

Page 1 of 2, October 2006

It is at toward the top of page 1..just after the summary of $$ spent.

Each following statement has shown more.

On the website if in my account...under rewards it says:

Access Error
The Citibank credit card that you have selected is not included in the Citibank Rewards program.

But as stated above the points are itemised on the monthly PDF statement.

From the Citibank website:

Citigroup - Cards

Citibank Cash Back®
  • Get up to 4% Cash Back ^ Everytime you spend
  • Low Rate of 5.9%p.a.^^ for the life of balances you transfer†
  • Credit Limit of up to $20,000#
Citibank Clear®
  • Interest you control - based on your total purchases
  • A low 9.99%p.a. on purchases and balances transferred for your first 6months‡
  • No annual fee for first year
Citibank Platinum
  • 6.9% p.a.* on the life of balance transfers†
  • Credit limits of up to $100,000
  • Free personalised Rewards programme+
  • Comprehensive International Travel Insurance3
Citibank Gold
  • Perfect card for travellers with free comprehensive International Travel Insurance3
  • Free Rewards programme+ with Qantas Frequent Flyer points ø
  • Up to 55 days interest free
Citibank Silver
  • Great value Silver Card
  • Free Rewards programme+
  • Up to 55 days interest free
Credit Card Rewards
  • Silver, Gold and Platinum cardholders are enrolled in the Citibank Rewards programme+
  • Check your Rewards points
  • Earn double points with our bonus partners
  • Redeem your Rewards online
^ Cash Back earned is accumulated until it is at least $25 and is then credited on the first day of your next Statement Period. Cash Back benefits are capped at $1,500 each 12 months from account opening. Accumulated Cash Back benefits are forfeited if the account is suspended or closed.

^^ Citibank Cash Back Credit Cards are currently offering an introductory rate of 5.9% p.a. on balances you transfer. Fees and charges apply. Terms and Conditions apply and are available on request.

‡ At the end of the introductory 6 month period your interest rate will revert to a variable rate determined by your average monthly spend as set out above.

† Balances transferred are repaid first. Transactions made other than with this offer will be subject to Citibank's standard Cash Back, Silver, Gold and Platinum Credit Card rate, currently 18.75%p.a.

* Citibank Credit Cards are currently offering an introductory rate of 6.9% forever on balances you transfer. Fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply.

# Actual credit limit will be assigned based on Citibank credit criteria

+ All Rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Programme. Cash advances do not earn Rewards points. Rewards points never expire while the card remains open.

3 International Travel Insurance is underwritten by Zurich Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640 AFSL No. 232507) 5 Blue Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060, and is subject to the Terms and Conditions and exclusions contained in the Policy of Insurance.

ø Qantas Frequent Flyer members can redeem Rewards points for Qantas Frequent Flyer points, at a rate of 1 Citibank Rewards point to 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Programme is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Programme. A joining fee applies. Under the Citibank Rewards Programme, your initial redemption must be 5,000 Citibank Rewards points and subsequent redemptions must be in blocks of 5,000 Rewards points. Points transferred will take 2 business days to appear in each member's Qantas Frequent Flyer points account. Rewards points may only be redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer points by a Primary Cardholder and credited to their Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Points once redeemed cannot be reversed.
The Financial Products and services referred to on this page are available through Citigroup Pty Limited (ABN 88 004 325 080 and AFSL No. 238098) an authorised deposit taking institution regulated by APRA.
The Financial Products and services referred to on this page are available through Diners Club Pty Limited (ABN 35 004 343 051).

Thanks to all those who replied.

I've looked at my statement, both paper and electronic. No mention of any reward points. Take a look at the attached file.

I called the call centre hours ago. She said she would "file a report" and someone from the support centre would call me back in the next 3 to 7 days. :evil:

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 18
I originally couldn't see any points either but in the last week or so, when i go to "Account Services" from the top menu then "Rewards" from the second level menu, they are all there. Its fantastic that points get credited when transactions appear, not like most other cards at the end of the statement period.

I cant however seem to see any statements, i assume that i dont yet have a statement, are they all processed on the same day or does it depend when you started using the card?

kyle said:
Thanks to all those who replied.

I've looked at my statement, both paper and electronic. No mention of any reward points. Take a look at the attached file.

I called the call centre hours ago. She said she would "file a report" and someone from the support centre would call me back in the next 3 to 7 days. :evil:

Yes something is astray....

On my statement directly under what you have attched there is a point summary....details of which I posted earlier.

Good news! Just logged into the website and the points mysteriously appeared, going back all the way from the first transaction! :D Yay!

My points have magically re-appeared today. As suspected, probably a short term glitch. ----- Or --- Do Citibank monitor AFF.

We thought we were getting an unbeatable deal but in fact we're part of a social experiment to see how we react when our rewards are withdrawn.

Paranoid? --- Me? --- Nah!

Yes I too can also see my points on the website now.....though the website glitch does not explain why the OP could not see them on his statement.

So there must have been at least two problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back