What's to stop me...... | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

What's to stop me......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFU

I make a purchase on my Amex RM card. The charge appears on my online statement within 24 hours. I log on, tranfer points to my QFF account, and they appear within one hour.

So, what's to stop me buying, say 2 x F tickets to LHR, fully refundable, go through the process of transfering points, then cancel the tickets? Amex couldn't then ask QF to refund points, could they?

It seems a little too good to be true....

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
just be aware that the refind can take 6 to 8 weeks to be processed. So make sure you are either willing to pay the interest on the purhase for a while, or have the spare cash available to cover the payment until the refund it processed.

I would also assume that your MR points balance will go negative until you have spend a similar amount in non-refunded purchases. But I assume you will at least have the use of the QF FF points a little earlier than you otherwise would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anishsinghal911