Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  More…

What's to stop me......

Discussion in 'American Express Rewards' started by SFU, May 31, 2005.

1. SFU

SFU Junior Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I make a purchase on my Amex RM card. The charge appears on my online statement within 24 hours. I log on, tranfer points to my QFF account, and they appear within one hour.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

So, what's to stop me buying, say 2 x F tickets to LHR, fully refundable, go through the process of transfering points, then cancel the tickets? Amex couldn't then ask QF to refund points, could they?

It seems a little too good to be true....

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    just be aware that the refind can take 6 to 8 weeks to be processed. So make sure you are either willing to pay the interest on the purhase for a while, or have the spare cash available to cover the payment until the refund it processed.

I would also assume that your MR points balance will go negative until you have spend a similar amount in non-refunded purchases. But I assume you will at least have the use of the QF FF points a little earlier than you otherwise would have.

3. SFU

SFU Junior Member

Apr 4, 2005
    OK, that'll stop me.

Thanks NM

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    :!: