What's to stop me......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFU

I make a purchase on my Amex RM card. The charge appears on my online statement within 24 hours. I log on, tranfer points to my QFF account, and they appear within one hour.

So, what's to stop me buying, say 2 x F tickets to LHR, fully refundable, go through the process of transfering points, then cancel the tickets? Amex couldn't then ask QF to refund points, could they?

It seems a little too good to be true....

just be aware that the refind can take 6 to 8 weeks to be processed. So make sure you are either willing to pay the interest on the purhase for a while, or have the spare cash available to cover the payment until the refund it processed.

I would also assume that your MR points balance will go negative until you have spend a similar amount in non-refunded purchases. But I assume you will at least have the use of the QF FF points a little earlier than you otherwise would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back